Re: [Clip] Re: menu clip command

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 4, 2002
      Wayne:

      > [I am a bit upset at the Yahoo software for not letting me
      > preview/edit the notification message after I uploaded the file.
      > I was hoping to make it and this message just one message.]

      What I usually do is say [No message to group]. then [copy URL] of the
      posted file and include the URL in an explanatory post to the group.

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      -------------------------

      Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote (Mon, 04-Nov-2002 21:39 [GMT-0500]):
      > --- In ntb-clips@y..., Dan McCullough <DanM@N...> wrote:
      <snip>
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 5, 2002
        Hi Alec,

        >Julie: I took your suggestion and put in Favorites for ClipBasics and
        >Custom Functions with a title to remind me that this is where the
        >definitions for ^& ^? ^* and ^** are. Hopefully the next time I need one
        >of them, I'll remember I stashed the link in Favorites ;-)

        My only other Favorites topic is Regular Expressions, but even putting it
        in there doesn't help me. LOL

        >Julie - I see Sheri reposted (a modified version) to this list. The link
        >I gave you would have taken you to her post in the PowerPro list.

        Actually the clip she posted created a list of links, but wasn't an actual
        clip to save the pages. I didn't think at the time the PowerPro archives
        were open, but I've since clicked on the link she posted and saw the clip.

        >I think I was accidentally inventing my own abbreviation. Its "code" is
        >[EL-M] hence (I thought) eList. (I think Julie hangs out there)

        I look at three of those lists from the web to get an idea of the way
        Yahoo's going with YahooGroups. I find it amusing how upset people get;
        afterall it is a free service. (I do realize the time people invest in
        lists; afterall I have moved mine to a different server <G>.)

        Julie