Re: [Clip] Re: menu clip command

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 4 10:27 PM
      Julie, Sheri:

      Sheri wrote (Mon, 04-Nov-2002 19:44 [GMT-0500]):
      > Hi Alec,
      >> --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:
      >> Is there a specific single place (or places) where the ^# ,
      >> ^* and ^** uses are documented. Some limitation in the CHM
      >> search / indexing seems to make it impossible to find
      >> these directly - and for some reason every time I think
      >> I've got them memorized, by the next time I look for them
      >> I've forgotten which is which and how they function ;-(
      >>
      > AFAIK, only in the main Notetab help under Clip Basics.

      Julie: I took your suggestion and put in Favorites for ClipBasics and
      Custom Functions with a title to remind me that this is where the
      definitions for ^& ^? ^* and ^** are. Hopefully the next time I need one
      of them, I'll remember I stashed the link in Favorites ;-)

      >> btw: Sheri - someone on the [EL-M] group (elist managers)
      >> expressed interest in your clip(s) to download yahoo
      >> message archives so they could be searched better.
      >>
      >> I passed him this link:
      >> (which I captured in my neat-stuff folder). If you recall,
      >> was this the final "best" version?
      >
      > That was the latest, but we could certainly add some
      > wizard-prompting for variables to make it a bit easier to use.

      Julie - I see Sheri reposted (a modified version) to this list. The link
      I gave you would have taken you to her post in the PowerPro list.

      >> I suggested that the person who asked might want to (a)
      >> get noteab and then (b) join "notetab" or "ntb-clips"
      >> lists.
      >
      > The more the merrier <g>
      >
      > What's an elist?
      emaillist-managers ยท Email List Managers
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emaillist-managers/

      I think I was accidentally inventing my own abbreviation. Its "code" is
      [EL-M] hence (I thought) eList. (I think Julie hangs out there)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      -------------------------
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 4 11:26 PM
        Wayne:

        > [I am a bit upset at the Yahoo software for not letting me
        > preview/edit the notification message after I uploaded the file.
        > I was hoping to make it and this message just one message.]

        What I usually do is say [No message to group]. then [copy URL] of the
        posted file and include the URL in an explanatory post to the group.

        Regards ... Alec
        --
        -------------------------

        Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote (Mon, 04-Nov-2002 21:39 [GMT-0500]):
        > --- In ntb-clips@y..., Dan McCullough <DanM@N...> wrote:
        <snip>
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 5 5:40 AM
          Hi Alec,

          >Julie: I took your suggestion and put in Favorites for ClipBasics and
          >Custom Functions with a title to remind me that this is where the
          >definitions for ^& ^? ^* and ^** are. Hopefully the next time I need one
          >of them, I'll remember I stashed the link in Favorites ;-)

          My only other Favorites topic is Regular Expressions, but even putting it
          in there doesn't help me. LOL

          >Julie - I see Sheri reposted (a modified version) to this list. The link
          >I gave you would have taken you to her post in the PowerPro list.

          Actually the clip she posted created a list of links, but wasn't an actual
          clip to save the pages. I didn't think at the time the PowerPro archives
          were open, but I've since clicked on the link she posted and saw the clip.

          >I think I was accidentally inventing my own abbreviation. Its "code" is
          >[EL-M] hence (I thought) eList. (I think Julie hangs out there)

          I look at three of those lists from the web to get an idea of the way
          Yahoo's going with YahooGroups. I find it amusing how upset people get;
          afterall it is a free service. (I do realize the time people invest in
          lists; afterall I have moved mine to a different server <G>.)

          Julie