strange clip problem

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
      I'm experiencing a new problem with an old clip which has remain unchanged
      for a couple years. Onliest difference is I moved it from Win98 to XP. And
      of coursed I'm running NTP 4.91fp. If I double-click on the clip name it
      runs with no problem. However, if I use keyboard Ctrl-Space as I am often
      wont to do, it runs but initially doesn't set ScreenUpdate Off, and twice it
      prompts me as to whether I wish to delete the clip (its very own self,
      the one which is running) from the list. I've always said no, and then run
      the clip again from the mouse to make sure everything got done properly.

      There are some wraps here but nothing crucial.

      Anyone see anything archaic which needs to be changed?

      Thank ye,
      Michael Gerholdt

      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Set %path%="G:\banner\stu\^?[Select Term==200230|_200310|200320|200330]\"
      ^!Open ^%path%sch_m2.html
      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!SetCursor 1:1
      ^!SelectTo 24:45
      ^!Keyboard Delete
      ^!Find "</TABLE>" STAW
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!SelectTo ^$GetLineCount$:1
      ^!Keyboard Delete
      ^!Save As "^%path%sch_m3.html"
      ^!Close "^%path%sch_m3.html"
      ^!Open ^%path%sch_m1.html
      ^!Jump doc_end
      ^!Find "</table>" BI
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!InsertFile "^%path%sch_m3.html"
      ^!Save As "^%path%sch_m.html"
      ^!SetArray
      %FILEZ%="sch_ab";"sch_cd";"sch_e";"sch_fl";"sch_m";"sch_mus0";"sch_mus1";"sc
      h_mus2";"sch_mus3";"sch_mus4";"sch_mus5";"sch_mus6";"sch_ns";"sch_tz"
      ^!Set %i%=1
      ^!Goto :fixSCH
      :fixSCH
      ^!Open ^%path%^%FILEZ^%i%%.html
      ^!If ^$IsOpen("^%path%^%FILEZ^%i%%.html")$=0 quits_bad
      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!Replace ".HTML">>".ASP" STAW
      ^!Replace "<A HREF="CAT_">>"<A HREF="../CATALOG/CAT_" STAW
      ^!SetCursor 1:1
      ^!SelectTo 18:9
      ^!InsertHTML <!-- #include file="inc/sch_head.inc" -->
      ^!Find "<A HREF="twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage">" STAW
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!SelectTo ^$GetLineCount$:1
      ^!InsertHTML "<!-- #include file="../inc/foot.inc" -->"
      ^!Save AS ^%path%^%FILEZ^%i%%.asp
      ^!Close ^%path%^%FILEZ^%i%%.asp
      ^!If ^%i%=^%FILEZ0% quits_good
      ^!Inc %i%
      ^!Goto fixSCH
      :quits_good
      ^!Prompt "Finished with Term: ^?[Select
      Term==200130|_200210|200220|200230|200310|200320|200330]"
      ^!GoTo Exit
      :quits_bad
      ^!Prompt "Unable to process"
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
        Hi Michael,

        >I'm experiencing a new problem with an old clip which has remain unchanged
        >for a couple years. Onliest difference is I moved it from Win98 to XP. And
        >of coursed I'm running NTP 4.91fp. If I double-click on the clip name it
        >runs with no problem. However, if I use keyboard Ctrl-Space as I am often
        >wont to do, it runs but initially doesn't set ScreenUpdate Off, and twice it
        >prompts me as to whether I wish to delete the clip (its very own self,
        >the one which is running) from the list. I've always said no, and then run
        >the clip again from the mouse to make sure everything got done properly.
        >
        >There are some wraps here but nothing crucial.
        >
        >Anyone see anything archaic which needs to be changed?

        I trow not. It works fine for me. The ^!Select All below is
        just me checking to see if the ^!SetScreenUpdate was working both
        ways and it does.

        I am not opening any files or saving them though, just getting
        the expected errors. You may find the problem around the opening
        of files and need a check to see if the files are open.

        I've had Clips that I had to do Ctrl+Spacebar real quick else I
        would get a "Cannot Execute Clip" error. I had one that like to
        eat itself like yours does on your machine in the past but did
        not note what I did to prevent it.

        FWIW, One way to keyboard to Delete Clip is: Shift+F4 Shift+F10
        D. You might try inserting ^!Prompt or ^!Info check points to
        see where the deleting of the Clip is happening.

        H=Mike
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        ^!Select All
        ^!Set %path%="G:\banner\stu\^?[Select Term==200230|_200310|200320|200330]\"

        http://www.notetab.net