Re: [Clip] help file

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hi Dan,

      >The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get the latest help
      >file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I updated to 4.91?

      There is a clipbook.chm 02/01/02 3:49 PM in there as well as the
      clipcode.chm Sheri refers to. I'll send it to you with this message
      privately; it'll be stripped out of the ntb-clips list message.

      Julie

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
        Hi Dan,

        >The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get the
        >latest help file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I
        >updated to 4.91?

        Yes, it should have been installed with v4.91. Make sure you are
        running the copy of NoteTab that you think you are. ;) Right
        click over your shortcut and choose Properties. Check the path
        out with your installation. (You can also search for NotePro.exe
        and/or NoteTab.exe on all your drives.) Check your NoteTab Help
        | About box as well. You can also reinstall over your "current"
        version for the fun of it.

        >> Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be
        >> 8/26/02. Same date should be on the program itself, and other
        >> files. If this is not the version in your program directory,
        >> that might explain it. If you double-click that file, you will
        >> see the topic page called Menu and Toolbars and the index entry
        >> for ^!Menu.

        http://www.notetab.net

      • Dan McCullough
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          Jody,

          I thought I had the latest version installed but when I check the date it is
          8/9/02. I have 4.91 but I think it is the first beta. Got caught sleeping,
          must have been too busy to install the latest at the time. I am doing it
          now.

          Thanks,

          http://www.notetab.net

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
            Hi Dan,

            No worries! Alec and Julie got me good on the Next Release List
            when I asked about F9. ;) Oh, for general knowledge, sometimes
            people have problems with help files because they use the feature
            in Advanced to use a location for the support files. Depending on
            installation and uninstallation it can cause problems if NoteTab
            is looking somewhere that does not have the files.

            >I thought I had the latest version installed but when I check the
            >date it is 8/9/02. I have 4.91 but I think it is the first beta.
            >Got caught sleeping, must have been too busy to install the
            >latest at the time. I am doing it now.
            >
            >> The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get
            >> the latest help file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I
            >> updated to 4.91?
            >
            >Yes, it should have been installed with v4.91. Make sure you are
            >running the copy of NoteTab that you think you are. ;) Right
            >click over your shortcut and choose Properties. Check the path
            >out with your installation. (You can also search for NotePro.exe
            >and/or NoteTab.exe on all your drives.) Check your NoteTab Help
            >| About box as well. You can also reinstall over your "current"
            >version for the fun of it.
            >
            >>> Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be
            >>> 8/26/02. Same date should be on the program itself, and other
            >>> files. If this is not the version in your program directory,
            >>> that might explain it. If you double-click that file, you will
            >>> see the topic page called Menu and Toolbars and the index entry
            >>> for ^!Menu.

            Happy Test'n,
            Jody Adair

            UnSubscribe, Options