help file

  • Dan McCullough
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Sheri,

      The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get the latest help
      file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I updated to 4.91?

      Dan

      >Hi again Dan and Jody,
      >
      >Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be 8/26/02.
      >Same date should be on the program itself, and other files. If this
      >is not the version in your program directory, that might explain it.
      >If you double-click that file, you will see the topic page called
      >Menu and Toolbars and the index entry for ^!Menu.
      >
      >Regards,
      >Sheri

    • Julie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hi Dan,

        >The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get the latest help
        >file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I updated to 4.91?

        There is a clipbook.chm 02/01/02 3:49 PM in there as well as the
        clipcode.chm Sheri refers to. I'll send it to you with this message
        privately; it'll be stripped out of the ntb-clips list message.

        Julie

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
          Hi Dan,

          >The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get the
          >latest help file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I
          >updated to 4.91?

          Yes, it should have been installed with v4.91. Make sure you are
          running the copy of NoteTab that you think you are. ;) Right
          click over your shortcut and choose Properties. Check the path
          out with your installation. (You can also search for NotePro.exe
          and/or NoteTab.exe on all your drives.) Check your NoteTab Help
          | About box as well. You can also reinstall over your "current"
          version for the fun of it.

          >> Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be
          >> 8/26/02. Same date should be on the program itself, and other
          >> files. If this is not the version in your program directory,
          >> that might explain it. If you double-click that file, you will
          >> see the topic page called Menu and Toolbars and the index entry
          >> for ^!Menu.

          http://www.notetab.net

        • Dan McCullough
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
            Jody,

            I thought I had the latest version installed but when I check the date it is
            8/9/02. I have 4.91 but I think it is the first beta. Got caught sleeping,
            must have been too busy to install the latest at the time. I am doing it
            now.

            Thanks,

            Dan

            http://www.notetab.net

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
              Hi Dan,

              No worries! Alec and Julie got me good on the Next Release List
              when I asked about F9. ;) Oh, for general knowledge, sometimes
              people have problems with help files because they use the feature
              in Advanced to use a location for the support files. Depending on
              installation and uninstallation it can cause problems if NoteTab
              is looking somewhere that does not have the files.

              >I thought I had the latest version installed but when I check the
              >date it is 8/9/02. I have 4.91 but I think it is the first beta.
              >Got caught sleeping, must have been too busy to install the
              >latest at the time. I am doing it now.
              >
              >> The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get
              >> the latest help file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I
              >> updated to 4.91?
              >
              >Yes, it should have been installed with v4.91. Make sure you are
              >running the copy of NoteTab that you think you are. ;) Right
              >click over your shortcut and choose Properties. Check the path
              >out with your installation. (You can also search for NotePro.exe
              >and/or NoteTab.exe on all your drives.) Check your NoteTab Help
              >| About box as well. You can also reinstall over your "current"
              >version for the fun of it.
              >
              >>> Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be
              >>> 8/26/02. Same date should be on the program itself, and other
              >>> files. If this is not the version in your program directory,
              >>> that might explain it. If you double-click that file, you will
              >>> see the topic page called Menu and Toolbars and the index entry
              >>> for ^!Menu.

              Happy Test'n,
              Jody Adair

              UnSubscribe, Options