Bug on ^%colon%?

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
      [I do use 4.82 prof. cause the wrapper was somehow not accepted. If this is
      something which is already solved, please say so, I then have to choose
      another way. ]

      Hi :o)

      I write batchfiles by clips and was always puzzled they didn't work as they
      should. Digging down I found out that ^%colon% did not work as planed and
      my labels are not written down.

      While trying to write this I made a test which leaves me even more puzzled.

      Clip one:
      ^%colon%
      ^%colon%

      Clip two
      ^!Set %VariableName%=:
      ^%VariableName%
      ^%colon%
      ^%colon%

      When clip one is executed, i do receive
      ^%colon%
      ^%colon%

      in my text. When clip two is executed, I receive
      :
      :
      :

      When I write down ^%colon%test I don't get it either.
      Any hints? Tia
      Nicole

      --
      Nicole Simon · nisi@... · http://home.pages.de/~nisi/
      Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hi Nicole,

        Nice to see a sign of life from you again ;-)

        >[I do use 4.82 prof. cause the wrapper was somehow not accepted. If this is
        >something which is already solved, please say so, I then have to choose
        >another way. ]

        It's always worthwhile upgrading. There are many improvements in the latest
        release and some potentially nasty bugs have been fixed.

        >I write batchfiles by clips and was always puzzled they didn't work as they
        >should. Digging down I found out that ^%colon% did not work as planed and
        >my labels are not written down.
        >
        >While trying to write this I made a test which leaves me even more puzzled.
        >
        >Clip one:
        >^%colon%
        >^%colon%
        >

        >Clip two
        >^!Set %VariableName%=:
        >^%VariableName%
        >^%colon%
        >^%colon%

        The difference between the two examples is that the first has no Clip
        command or function and the second does. The first situation does not
        trigger the Clip parser so it is treated as plain text. This is normal and
        by design.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes