Re: Expand text

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002

      > What does "Expand Text" under the tools menu do. I can not find
      anything in
      > help about it.
      > [Kevin ]

      Good question, although there is some explanation in the help-pages
      (Tools Menu), just search for expand. You'll also find a short
      description of possible actions in the statusbar.

      --- >> From help
      Expand Text
      Replaces text at the cursor position with matching Clipbook
      replacement text. This command can save you a lot of time when you
      often reuse same bits of text.
      << ---

      Shortcut is F2. I confess I never use this feature, but it can be
      very powerful. Select a library, type the first (couple of) letter(s)
      of a clip and hit F2: the first match in the library is executed
      automatically. With careful naming of your clips this can be a time-
      saver.

      Thanks for pointing it out...

      Hugo