Re: [Clip] Variable vs Fixed fonts

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2002
      Hi Sheri,

      >> The Light is obsoletely free.
      >
      >Hmmmn. Surely you meant "absolutely" lol!

      Certainly! So much for my while you type spelling checker. <g>

      >I haven't seen too much grumbling about the font issue before,
      >but has it ever been considered to bundle Standard in with the
      >Pro package?

      No, not that I am aware of, but Eric may have tossed it around
      for awhile. Most people that want the advantages of Pro, but
      still want variable width fonts in the edit window at times just
      buy Pro and use Light when they have the need. It is only the
      document edit window that Pro cannot display/use variable width.
      Anyway, there will be no difference in input control in v5, so
      the conversation about it now is pretty much useless.

      >How is 5.0 coming along?

      It is slowly but surely being worked on.

      >Wasn't there supposed to be a transition version using the new
      >input control?

      Yes, and unless Eric changed his mind, it is still in the working.

      http://www.notetab.net