[Clip] Re: a temporary document instead of a prompt

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 1999
      Hi Larry & Bong,

      > ^!Set %Var%=^?[(H=M)Make your changes:=^&]
      > ^!Set %Link%=^?[(H=M)Enter Hyperlink:Item=]
      > ^%Var%<A HREF="^%Link%">^%Link%</A>

      I was confused at what bong was wanting, but it appears that is
      it. If not, pst a before and after sample of the text with your
      marker tags.

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
    • BONG
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 1999
        >I was confused at what bong was wanting, but it appears that is
        >it. If not, pst a before and after sample of the text with your
        >marker tags.

        Larry's clip was so close to what I was wanting... that I'll risk to bother
        you for the last time (I MEAN it: if it fails now, please DO FORGET IT, I'll
        edit things manually and sorry for your wasted time)

        Before sample:

        <marker>hello people</marker>

        After sample:

        <marker>I've just made some <a
        href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>changes</a></marker>
        or
        changes</marker>
        or
        changes</marker>
        depending on which word I select

        Now Larry's clip results in:
        <marker>I've just made some changes <a
        href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>http://www.url_I_typed_in.com</a></marke
        r>

        BONG
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 1999
          At 02:54 PM 8/2/1999 +0300, Bong wrote:
          >Larry's clip was so close to what I was wanting... that I'll risk to bother
          >you for the last time (I MEAN it: if it fails now, please DO FORGET IT, I'll
          >edit things manually and sorry for your wasted time)
          >
          >Before sample:
          >
          ><marker>hello people</marker>
          >
          >After sample:
          >
          ><marker>I've just made some <a
          >href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>changes</a></marker>
          >or
          >changes</marker>
          >or
          >changes</marker>
          >depending on which word I select
          >
          >Now Larry's clip results in:
          ><marker>I've just made some changes <a
          >href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>http://www.url_I_typed_in.com</a></marke
          >r>

          Something has been bugging me about this clip. Why do you need to have
          your selection appear in the prompt? There is another way to do this.

          If you replace my original clip code:

          ^!Set %Var%=^?[(H=M)Make your changes:=^&]
          ^!Set %Link%=^?[(H=M)Enter Hyperlink:Item=]
          ^%Var%<A HREF="^%Link%">^%Link%</A>

          With:

          ^!Info ^$GetSelection$
          ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=<a href=></a>}

          You will get an info box with your selection in it. If you need any part
          or all of the selection you can highlight/select it and copy it to the
          clipboard. When you close the info box you will get a prompt with the html
          tags already in it. Just click in the box to unhighlight the tags (or
          press a cursor movement key - you don't want to replace them) and then
          right-click on the end and paste in your copy. If you do not need to copy
          the selection you can just type in your info in the prompt where it belongs
          between the tags (again be careful not to type anything until you put the
          prompt box into edit mode by using a cursor movement key or clicking in the
          box, otherwise the tags will be replaced by what you type). You can also
          select text (even in the prompt box) and then cut and paste it into the
          tags where ever you want. When you are done click ok or hit enter and the
          text and the tags will be used to replace the selection and will look just
          like you see it in the prompt box when you are done typing. What you see
          in the prompt box when you are done typing will replace your selection in
          the document period.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 1999
            Hi Bong,

            Here is another prompt box. This one has a drop down list.
            Replace:

            ^!Info ^$GetSelection$
            ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=<a href=></a>}

            With:

            ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=_^$GetSelection$<a href=></a>|<a
            href=></a>|^$GetSelection$}

            You will get a drop down prompt box that gives you the option to (1) have
            your selection displayed with the tags so you can edit or change it around
            (2) just the tags so you can enter new text or (3) just the selection to be
            edited and changed. The reason for (3) is that I thought that since you
            saaid that you were changing the one cell over and over again, after the
            first change, the next time it was selected, the tags from the previous
            change will be there so all you have to do is edit it.

            Regards,

            Larry
            larryt@...