[Clip] Re: a temporary document instead of a prompt PUZZLE

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 1999
      08/01/1999 11:20 AM BONG wrote

      > Now my mouse cursor hovers over the word "email" and
      > selects it. I want to tell ANOTHER clip to make a link
      > using the SELECTED word (not all the words I've typed in
      > the prompt!). Almost sure it's impossible.

      I'm sure what you want done can be accomplished using
      NoteTab clips but not the way you're trying to do it.

      My impression of what you want is to be able to input some
      information and have it saved over the area highlighted in
      your HTML document along with hyperlinking part of the
      replacement text. I'm going to pick an arbitrary tag to use
      to indicate the area that should be hyperlinked.

      ^!Set %var%=^?{(T=W)Text}; %url%=^?{URL}
      ^!Set %temp%=^$StrReplace("..>";"a href="^%url%">";"^%var%";No;No)$
      ^!Set %temp%=^$StrReplace("<..";"</a>";"^%temp%";No;No)$
      ^!InsertText ^%temp%

      There are 4 lines. All start with ^!
      You enter the text
      Now is the time for all ..>good men<.. to come to the aid.
      in the first box & a url in
      the 2nd box. The clip will convert the text 'good men' into
      a link using what you put in the url box. If the url is the
      same as the text, it can be done a bit differently. This
      section of code assumes that you've already highlighted the
      text to be replaced in the document. Test it by itself with
      text highlighted in a new doc & if it works as you want, add
      it to your existing clip.

      If it's not close to what you had in mind, sending
      examples of the section you need to keep changing & changes
      you typically make would be your best bet.

      --- Grandma Kay ---