[Clip] Re: a temporary document instead of a prompt

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 1999
      Ok Bong, This is my last try for today. I hope it works.

      At 05:07 PM 8/1/1999 +0300, you wrote:
      >>^!^?[Enter commandline]
      >>^!Open ^?[(T=O)Open file]
      >>What is it you need to do?
      >
      >An htm document has a table with about 200 cells. I need to update one cell
      >constantly and I don't want to open the doc, search for the cell, make
      >changes, save them and close the doc every time, so I made a clip:
      >
      >^!Open c:\blah\blah.htm
      >^!Jump Doc_Start
      >^!Find "<marker>" TIAS
      >^!Jump Select_End
      >^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      >^!Find "</marker>" TIAS
      >^!Jump Select_Start
      >^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      >^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=^$GetSelection$}
      >^!Save c:\blah\blah.htm
      >^!Close c:\blah\blah.htm

      Here is my revision of your clip:

      ^!Open c:\blah\blah.htm
      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      ^!Find "<marker>" TIAS
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Find "</marker>" TIAS
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%

      ;I changed your prompt to two promts and sent the output to the clipboard.
      ;You type in your first change on the first prompt.
      ;Your changes are pasted and reselected for the second prompt.

      ^!SetClipboard ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=^$GetSelection$}
      ^!PasteSelect

      ;You select what you want as a hyperlink in the second prompt.
      ;Then right-click on your selection and copy it to the clipboard then click
      ok.

      ^!Set %Link%=^?{(H=M)Select & Copy Hyperlink:=^$GetSelection$}
      ^!Find "^$GetClipboard$" TISAH

      ;Find highlights what you selected thus reducing the selection to just what
      you
      ;want in the hyperlink.

      ^!Delay 10
      <A HREF="^$GetClipboard$">^$GetClipboard$</A>

      ;And the selection is hyperlinked.

      ^!Save c:\blah\blah.htm
      ^!Close c:\blah\blah.htm

      You may not like this but it is the only way that I could think to do it.
      You must 1) Select what you want in the hyperlink in the second prompt and
      2) right-click on the new selection and copy it to the clipboard before you
      click ok on the second prompt or else this will fail.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 1999
        Ok Bong, This is a better one.

        Here is my latest version 4:20 p.m. 8/1/99:

        ^!Open c:\blah\blah.htm
        ^!Jump Doc_Start
        ^!Find "<marker>" TIAS
        ^!Jump Select_End
        ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ^!Find "</marker>" TIAS
        ^!Jump Select_Start
        ^!SelectTo ^%Start%

        ;I changed your prompt to two prompts and sent the output to a Variable.
        ;You type in your first line in the first box.
        ;Type in what you want in the link in the second box and click ok.
        ;In this clip the link will always be on the right.

        ^!Set %Var%=^?[(H=M)Make your changes:=^&]
        ^!Set %Link%=^?[(H=M)Enter Hyperlink:Item=]
        ^%Var%<A HREF="^%Link%">^%Link%</A>

        ;And the selection is hyperlinked.

        ^!Save c:\blah\blah.htm
        ^!Close c:\blah\blah.htm

        This one does not require you to copy anything to the clipboard. Just
        enter the two items in the two prompt boxes and click ok.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 1999
          Hi Larry & Bong,

          > ^!Set %Var%=^?[(H=M)Make your changes:=^&]
          > ^!Set %Link%=^?[(H=M)Enter Hyperlink:Item=]
          > ^%Var%<A HREF="^%Link%">^%Link%</A>

          I was confused at what bong was wanting, but it appears that is
          it. If not, pst a before and after sample of the text with your
          marker tags.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        • BONG
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 1999
            >I was confused at what bong was wanting, but it appears that is
            >it. If not, pst a before and after sample of the text with your
            >marker tags.

            Larry's clip was so close to what I was wanting... that I'll risk to bother
            you for the last time (I MEAN it: if it fails now, please DO FORGET IT, I'll
            edit things manually and sorry for your wasted time)

            Before sample:

            <marker>hello people</marker>

            After sample:

            <marker>I've just made some <a
            href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>changes</a></marker>
            or
            changes</marker>
            or
            changes</marker>
            depending on which word I select

            Now Larry's clip results in:
            <marker>I've just made some changes <a
            href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>http://www.url_I_typed_in.com</a></marke
            r>

            BONG
          • Larry Thomas
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 1999
              At 02:54 PM 8/2/1999 +0300, Bong wrote:
              >Larry's clip was so close to what I was wanting... that I'll risk to bother
              >you for the last time (I MEAN it: if it fails now, please DO FORGET IT, I'll
              >edit things manually and sorry for your wasted time)
              >
              >Before sample:
              >
              ><marker>hello people</marker>
              >
              >After sample:
              >
              ><marker>I've just made some <a
              >href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>changes</a></marker>
              >or
              >changes</marker>
              >or
              >changes</marker>
              >depending on which word I select
              >
              >Now Larry's clip results in:
              ><marker>I've just made some changes <a
              >href=http://www.url_I_typed_in.com/>http://www.url_I_typed_in.com</a></marke
              >r>

              Something has been bugging me about this clip. Why do you need to have
              your selection appear in the prompt? There is another way to do this.

              If you replace my original clip code:

              ^!Set %Var%=^?[(H=M)Make your changes:=^&]
              ^!Set %Link%=^?[(H=M)Enter Hyperlink:Item=]
              ^%Var%<A HREF="^%Link%">^%Link%</A>

              With:

              ^!Info ^$GetSelection$
              ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=<a href=></a>}

              You will get an info box with your selection in it. If you need any part
              or all of the selection you can highlight/select it and copy it to the
              clipboard. When you close the info box you will get a prompt with the html
              tags already in it. Just click in the box to unhighlight the tags (or
              press a cursor movement key - you don't want to replace them) and then
              right-click on the end and paste in your copy. If you do not need to copy
              the selection you can just type in your info in the prompt where it belongs
              between the tags (again be careful not to type anything until you put the
              prompt box into edit mode by using a cursor movement key or clicking in the
              box, otherwise the tags will be replaced by what you type). You can also
              select text (even in the prompt box) and then cut and paste it into the
              tags where ever you want. When you are done click ok or hit enter and the
              text and the tags will be used to replace the selection and will look just
              like you see it in the prompt box when you are done typing. What you see
              in the prompt box when you are done typing will replace your selection in
              the document period.

              Regards,

              Larry
              larryt@...
            • Larry Thomas
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2, 1999
                Hi Bong,

                Here is another prompt box. This one has a drop down list.
                Replace:

                ^!Info ^$GetSelection$
                ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=<a href=></a>}

                With:

                ^?{(H=M)Make your changes:=_^$GetSelection$<a href=></a>|<a
                href=></a>|^$GetSelection$}

                You will get a drop down prompt box that gives you the option to (1) have
                your selection displayed with the tags so you can edit or change it around
                (2) just the tags so you can enter new text or (3) just the selection to be
                edited and changed. The reason for (3) is that I thought that since you
                saaid that you were changing the one cell over and over again, after the
                first change, the next time it was selected, the tags from the previous
                change will be there so all you have to do is edit it.

                Regards,

                Larry
                larryt@...