[Clip] Re: clip save as problem

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2002
      Hi Don,

      Yes I did try that but the problem remains..

      In my case, it was not a web page address the Validator was failing
      on, it was where to put the file with the results of the validation
      i.e. C:\Program Files\HTMLValidator50\batchresults.html

      As long as there's a space between "C:\Program" and "Files", it
      fails..
      In other words, the problem has nothing to do with html or a web
      browser.

      Later I was able to duplicate the problem with the Windows Explorer,
      I think by using the "Open With" command but I'm not sure at the
      moment.. It's been a mystery to me and sounds almost exactly like
      Dan's problem. I'd be interested in hearing of a fix if anyone knows
      of one..

      John

      --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
      > have you tried the percent 20 instead of a space?
      >
      > for browsers for example you use the escaped coding
      >
      > file%20name.html
      > instead of
      > file name.html
      > to get where you want to go.
      >
      > this may be way off ... but a guess sometimes works?

      Windows

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/