Re: [Clip] Re: clip save as problem

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2002
      have you tried the percent 20 instead of a space?

      for browsers for example you use the escaped coding

      file%20name.html
      instead of
      file name.html
      to get where you want to go.

      this may be way off ... but a guess sometimes works?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2002
        Hi Don,

        Yes I did try that but the problem remains..

        In my case, it was not a web page address the Validator was failing
        on, it was where to put the file with the results of the validation
        i.e. C:\Program Files\HTMLValidator50\batchresults.html

        As long as there's a space between "C:\Program" and "Files", it
        fails..
        In other words, the problem has nothing to do with html or a web
        browser.

        Later I was able to duplicate the problem with the Windows Explorer,
        I think by using the "Open With" command but I'm not sure at the
        moment.. It's been a mystery to me and sounds almost exactly like
        Dan's problem. I'd be interested in hearing of a fix if anyone knows
        of one..

        John

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/