helpclipchm

  • David McIntosh
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2002
      Hi
      If anyone can use the two clips below they are welcome
      The first allows you to select ie. ^!refresh and it opens at that ,
      watch out for any of the function that have (get) they do not work
      unless you delete the last dollar sign find the one you do not know then
      put it back.
      The second one allows you two search the clipchm and displays where it
      found.

      H="IndexSelectchm"
      ^!SELECT WORDS
      ^!keyboard ctrl+c
      ^!SET %WORD%=^$GetClipboard$

      ^!HELP "CLIPCODE.CHM" ^%WORD%
      ^!DELAY 10
      ;^!KEYBOARD ALT+N
      ^!KEYBOARD ENTER

      H="Searchchm"
      ^!SELECT WORDS
      ^!keyboard ctrl+c
      ^!SET %WORD%=^$GetClipboard$

      ^!HELP "CLIPCODE.CHM"
      ^!DELAY 5
      ^!KEYBOARD ALT+S
      ^!DELAY 5
      ^!KEYBOARD #^%WORD%#
      ^!KEYBOARD TAB ALT+L

      THANKYOU DAVE
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2002
        Hi Dave,

        Have a look in the SampleCode library (under the Miscellaneous
        heading) that comes with Notetab. Eric made a couple of clips that
        do what you want taking care of the dollar signs, etc. with String
        functions. It also demonstrates other useful functions. I've got
        the "Clip Help on Current Word" one on my clipbar.

        BTW I've discovered an undocumented way of showing the next match on
        a topic page in chm help files. If you click in the text pane and
        press CTRL+F, it shows a Find dialog. You can use it to search up or
        down, with options for whole words and case sensitivity.