Re: [Clip] Easy Thumbnails 2.5 (final release)

  • Tyrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
      Hi Eric

      >Thanks very much for your comments.

      Thanks, and thank you for the fixed
      and the added command-line options.

      /F=ResizeFilter option mix up?
      - FastLinear and None output seem to be swished compared to
      the main program algorithm output
      None ? (ini:ResizeAlgorithm=9)

      CMD: Command, but I used it as a short for
      command line options.
      A little opscure I must admid

      Feel a little bit like a ungrateful bastard here,
      but let me just drop these in to.

      predicted image size calculation
      (window command bar)(thumbnail preview)
      - at program start the predicted size is of by -3162*,
      this is only at the start until the first image is saved(make).
      after the save the size is correctly recalculated
      for the duration of the program use.
      * tested with different TH sizes, algorithm and jpg quality,
      but only with same original image.

      supported files types (taken from help)
      - Windows Icon File (*.ico)
      not presend in "files of type" selection list
      - Portable Bitmap (*.pxm, *.pbm, *.pgm, *.ppm)
      *.pxm extention not used in program list/selection

      ...Tyrell...
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2002
        Hi Tyrell,

        >/F=ResizeFilter option mix up?
        >- FastLinear and None output seem to be swished compared to
        >the main program algorithm output
        >None ? (ini:ResizeAlgorithm=9)

        I discovered from the third-party code that FastLinear and None use the
        same algorithm.

        >predicted image size calculation
        >(window command bar)(thumbnail preview)
        >- at program start the predicted size is of by -3162*,
        >this is only at the start until the first image is saved(make).
        >after the save the size is correctly recalculated
        > for the duration of the program use.

        Someone else reported this too and I'm investigating the issue. It appears
        to only occur when an image contains EXIF data.

        >supported files types (taken from help)
        >- Windows Icon File (*.ico)
        >not presend in "files of type" selection list

        It's displayed when you choose All Images. I didn't find it made much sense
        to make a special category for that file type as I doubt many users will
        want to make thumbnails from those.

        >- Portable Bitmap (*.pxm, *.pbm, *.pgm, *.ppm)
        >*.pxm extention not used in program list/selection

        *.pxm is my mistake. It shouldn't be listed there.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes