Re: [Clip] Easy Thumbnails 2.5 (final release)

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2002
      Hi Tyrell,

      Thanks very much for your comments. See my reply below...

      >1)
      >Whenever Easy Thumbnails is run with a command line file
      > it produces a index.html file, like the /HTML option
      > is set to on by default.
      >(normal behavior ?)

      Oops. I've fixed this in version 2.51.

      >2)
      >The MaxHeight & MaxWidth settings are reset to 200/200
      > when Easy Thumbnails is run normally (no CMD options)
      >(normal behavior ?)

      This is fixed. Not sure what you mean by CMD.

      >3)
      >Is the lack of a command line option to set
      > the Resize Algorithm intentionally ?
      >If yes, do you have a problem with a clip that
      > will ignore that small problem ?
      >(problem with publishing that is)

      I've added a switch for that in version 2.51. You can download the latest
      update from the Easy Thumbnails homepage:

      http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes

    • Tyrell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
        Hi Eric

        >Thanks very much for your comments.

        Thanks, and thank you for the fixed
        and the added command-line options.

        /F=ResizeFilter option mix up?
        - FastLinear and None output seem to be swished compared to
        the main program algorithm output
        None ? (ini:ResizeAlgorithm=9)

        CMD: Command, but I used it as a short for
        command line options.
        A little opscure I must admid

        Feel a little bit like a ungrateful bastard here,
        but let me just drop these in to.

        predicted image size calculation
        (window command bar)(thumbnail preview)
        - at program start the predicted size is of by -3162*,
        this is only at the start until the first image is saved(make).
        after the save the size is correctly recalculated
        for the duration of the program use.
        * tested with different TH sizes, algorithm and jpg quality,
        but only with same original image.

        supported files types (taken from help)
        - Windows Icon File (*.ico)
        not presend in "files of type" selection list
        - Portable Bitmap (*.pxm, *.pbm, *.pgm, *.ppm)
        *.pxm extention not used in program list/selection

        ...Tyrell...
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2002
          Hi Tyrell,

          >/F=ResizeFilter option mix up?
          >- FastLinear and None output seem to be swished compared to
          >the main program algorithm output
          >None ? (ini:ResizeAlgorithm=9)

          I discovered from the third-party code that FastLinear and None use the
          same algorithm.

          >predicted image size calculation
          >(window command bar)(thumbnail preview)
          >- at program start the predicted size is of by -3162*,
          >this is only at the start until the first image is saved(make).
          >after the save the size is correctly recalculated
          > for the duration of the program use.

          Someone else reported this too and I'm investigating the issue. It appears
          to only occur when an image contains EXIF data.

          >supported files types (taken from help)
          >- Windows Icon File (*.ico)
          >not presend in "files of type" selection list

          It's displayed when you choose All Images. I didn't find it made much sense
          to make a special category for that file type as I doubt many users will
          want to make thumbnails from those.

          >- Portable Bitmap (*.pxm, *.pbm, *.pgm, *.ppm)
          >*.pxm extention not used in program list/selection

          *.pxm is my mistake. It shouldn't be listed there.

          Regards,
          Eric G.V. Fookes