Re: [Clip] Is NoteTab Lite with Clips good for newsletter templates?

  • ville saalo
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
      I haven't had WinZip installed for ages as it is shareware and there are
      dozens of free packers that can handle many more formats than WinZip
      can (like http://www.ultimatezip.com/ which I use), but it seems to me that
      your clip could be made much shorter by using a command line (DOS)
      based zip utility like PK(Un)Zip... Maybe those eight lines of code could
      then be replaced by just one line. Try http://www.pkware.com/

      -Ville

      >; WinZip (Extract DXF's)
      >^!Shell "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE"
      >^!FocusApp *WinZip
      >^!Delay 15
      >^!Keyboard Alt+F O Alt+I
      >; File/Open .... File
      >; Selection
      >^!FocusApp *WinZip
      >^!Delay 400
      >^!Keyboard Alt+A E #J:\^?{Enter 5 Digit Job Number=}\MBS\DXF Drawings#
      >Alt+I #*.dxf# Enter
    • CB2
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
        --- ville saalo <villes@...> wrote:
        > I haven't had WinZip installed for ages as it is shareware and there are
        > dozens of free packers that can handle many more formats than WinZip
        > can (like http://www.ultimatezip.com/ which I use), but it seems to me
        > that your clip could be made much shorter by using a command line (DOS)
        > based zip utility like PK(Un)Zip... Maybe those eight lines of code could
        > then be replaced by just one line. Try http://www.pkware.com/

        It might be said there are too many dozens of free packers.
        *I* wouldn't say it, mind you, but others might... ;-)

        Anyway, you don't need to get one of these other zip programs in order to
        use WinZip from a NoteTab clip without having to muck around with
        ^!FocusApp and a bunch of ^!Keyboard commands.

        Winzip has a free CLI plug-in with LOTS of command line options. You can
        get it at:

        <http://www.winzip.com/other.htm>

        ---
        Charles Beasley II
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
          Hi All,

          >>; WinZip (Extract DXF's)
          >>^!Shell "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE"
          >>^!FocusApp *WinZip

          Check out my FtpZip Library. I has a few command-lines for
          WinZip and shows how to make one clickers for using with Ws_FtpLe
          (and also supports up to 10 servers and 20 upload host paths). No
          keyboard commands should be needed. It is best to avoid keyboard
          shortcuts using ^!Keyboard whenever possible. You can just use
          the pure command-line most likely for what you are doing and can
          get rid of all the guessing of the ^!Delays added.

          This is one of the Clips, but it will not work as is (one line):

          ^!SetIniFile NtbUsers
          ^!^$GetValue("WinZip:WinZip")$ -min -a -en "^?{(T=S)Full path and filename of zip file=^$GetValue("WinZip:SaveZip")$^$StrLower("^$GetName(^##)$.zip")$}" "^?{(T=O;S=M)File(s) to compress, wildcards are OK=^##}"

          The NoteTabbers' Assistant Page
          http://www.notetab.net

          "Jody Adair" <Jody@...>
          For NoteTab version 4.6 and above.