Re: [Clip] Is NoteTab Lite with Clips good for newsletter templat es?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2002
      > Kevin Witherite wrote:
      >
      > Another question, am I missing something between the following
      > lines in a clip? Individually they work fine but put them
      > together in a single clip and it stops after the first
      > ^!FocusApp is run. Any idea's?
      >
      > Kevin.............

      Hi Kevin,

      > Is there a benefit to using curly braces over
      > square brackets?

      > REMEMBER, THE PROMPTS CANNOT BE IDENTICAL, UNLESS
      > YOU PLAN IT THAT WAY.

      > One critical thing I noticed in your clip,
      > you have 4 clip wizards in it that are identical,
      > as, ^?[Enter 5 Digit Job Number=].

      > You could have a dozen wizards in a clip and if the prompts were
      > identical you only get one entry choice instead of a dozen.

      This is one of the cases where curly braces should work.

      With square brackets and identical prompts - ^?[Enter 5 Digit Job
      Number=] - both ^!Keyboard wizards are evaluated simultaneously when you
      start the clip, and you would never get the prompt for the second wizard.

      Curly braces are not evaluated until the progression in the clip reaches
      the line they are in. They are evaluated like any other clip command or
      function, when the running clip gets to them.

      In this case identical prompts don't pose a problem.

      I can't test this clip of course because my setup differs greatly from
      yours.

      Mainly, the only thing changed are the brackets to braces. I omited the
      double-double quotes you had around the path.
      You may have to replace them but if it works it should work with
      single-double quotes.

      H="MBS (Print Shipper)"
      ^!Shell "C:\MBS\exewin1\MBS2.exe"
      ^!FocusApp MBS2
      ^!Delay 30
      ^!Keyboard Enter #^?{Enter 5 Digit Job Number=}# Enter
      ;
      ; STOPS HERE
      ;
      ; WinZip (Extract DXF's)
      ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE"
      ^!FocusApp *WinZip
      ^!Delay 15
      ^!Keyboard Alt+F O Alt+I
      ; File/Open .... File
      ; Selection
      ^!FocusApp *WinZip
      ^!Delay 400
      ^!Keyboard Alt+A E #J:\^?{Enter 5 Digit Job Number=}\MBS\DXF Drawings#
      Alt+I #*.dxf# Enter

      hrs