RE: [Clip] Is NoteTab Lite with Clips good for newsletter templat es?

  • Kevin Witherite
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2002
      I have not tried your second email, altered example, as of yet. The
      prompts, clip wizards, were all to be the same so that worked fine.
      I have printed out the section on "Clip Wizards and Fields" along with your
      examples to review this evening. Thanks again for your assistance.

      Another question, am I missing something between the following lines in a
      clip? Individually they work fine but put them together in a single clip
      and it stops after the first ^!FocusApp is run. Any idea's?

      ;;MBS (Print Shipper)
      ^!Shell "C:\MBS\exewin1\MBS2.exe"
      ^!FocusApp MBS2
      ^!Delay 30
      ^!Keyboard Enter #^?[Enter 5 Digit Job Number=]# Enter

      ;;STOPS HERE

      WinZip (Extract DXF's)
      ^!Shell ""C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE""
      ^!FocusApp *WinZip
      ^!Delay 15
      ^!Keyboard Alt+F O Alt+I ;;File/Open .... File
      Selection
      ^!FocusApp *WinZip
      ^!Delay 400
      ^!Keyboard Alt+A E #J:\^?[Enter 5 Digit Job Number=]\MBS\DXF Drawings#
      Alt+I #*.dxf# Enter

      Kevin.............

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2002
        > Kevin Witherite wrote:
        >
        > Another question, am I missing something between the following
        > lines in a clip? Individually they work fine but put them
        > together in a single clip and it stops after the first
        > ^!FocusApp is run. Any idea's?
        >
        > Kevin.............

        Hi Kevin,

        > Is there a benefit to using curly braces over
        > square brackets?

        > REMEMBER, THE PROMPTS CANNOT BE IDENTICAL, UNLESS
        > YOU PLAN IT THAT WAY.

        > One critical thing I noticed in your clip,
        > you have 4 clip wizards in it that are identical,
        > as, ^?[Enter 5 Digit Job Number=].

        > You could have a dozen wizards in a clip and if the prompts were
        > identical you only get one entry choice instead of a dozen.

        This is one of the cases where curly braces should work.

        With square brackets and identical prompts - ^?[Enter 5 Digit Job
        Number=] - both ^!Keyboard wizards are evaluated simultaneously when you
        start the clip, and you would never get the prompt for the second wizard.

        Curly braces are not evaluated until the progression in the clip reaches
        the line they are in. They are evaluated like any other clip command or
        function, when the running clip gets to them.

        In this case identical prompts don't pose a problem.

        I can't test this clip of course because my setup differs greatly from
        yours.

        Mainly, the only thing changed are the brackets to braces. I omited the
        double-double quotes you had around the path.
        You may have to replace them but if it works it should work with
        single-double quotes.

        H="MBS (Print Shipper)"
        ^!Shell "C:\MBS\exewin1\MBS2.exe"
        ^!FocusApp MBS2
        ^!Delay 30
        ^!Keyboard Enter #^?{Enter 5 Digit Job Number=}# Enter
        ;
        ; STOPS HERE
        ;
        ; WinZip (Extract DXF's)
        ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE"
        ^!FocusApp *WinZip
        ^!Delay 15
        ^!Keyboard Alt+F O Alt+I
        ; File/Open .... File
        ; Selection
        ^!FocusApp *WinZip
        ^!Delay 400
        ^!Keyboard Alt+A E #J:\^?{Enter 5 Digit Job Number=}\MBS\DXF Drawings#
        Alt+I #*.dxf# Enter

        hrs