Re: [Clip] Re: Combining files into one

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002
      Hi Harvey,

      >> Here's one I did awhile ago. I use it for text files, but it doesn't
      >> care about the extension. It gets all files in a directory and
      >> inserts them in name order. Be sure to unwrap any long lines.
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Sheri
      >
      >That's perfect Sheri,

      Here's some ancient ones from my DirStuff Library that no doubt
      is using older code, so they won't be as streamlined as Sheri's. :)
      I think I have something in there that does HTML. Oh, I think
      it is my Outlines Library that you can add a directory of HTML
      files to by first stripping the HTML code.

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/outlines.zip Might be singular.

      Checkbox Append...
      ; 11/12/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.notetab.net
      ; Appends files you check in a checkbox list to a single file

      ^!Continue Appends files to one file from a list of all the files in a directory. Continue?

      Append To File...
      ; 11/12/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.notetab.net

      ^!Continue Appends a whole directory of files to one file in the same directory. Continue?

      Append To Directory...
      ; 11/12/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.notetab.net

      ^!Continue Appends a whole directory of files to one file in a directory of choice. Continue?

      Files To Outline...
      ; Last update on 04-04-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.8 or above
      ; http://www.notetab.net

      ^!Continue Appends a whole directory of files to^%nl%an Outline you specify. It will create^%nl%a new Outline if it does not exist. You^%nl%can use file filters with wildcards^%nl%such as *.txt and even append Outlines^%nl%to an existing one.^%nl%^%nl%Continue?

      Checkbox Files To Otl...
      ; Last update on 04-04-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.notetab.net

      ^!Continue Appends files you choose in a directory^%nl%from a checkbox list to an Outline you^%nl%specify. It will create a new Outline if it^%nl%does not exist. You can use file filters^%nl%with wildcards such as *.txt and even^%nl%append Outlines to an existing one.^%nl%^%nl%Continue?

      ReOpen Alphabetically I Closes and reopens files alphabetically by path/filename.
      ; Last update on 03-08-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.notetab.net
      ; Sorts by full path.

      ReOpen Alphabetically II Closes and reopens files alphabetically by filename ignoring path.
      ; Last updated on 07-01-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.notetab.net
      ; Sorts by file name.