document name

  • David McIntosh
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2002
      Hi
      In the clip below how do I get the document name the same as the drive
      ,the clip uses COMMAND.COM

      ^!TOOLBAR NEW DOCUMENT
      ^!Set %List%=^?[(T=A)Which Directory=C DRIVE^=C:\|A DRIVE^=A:\|D
      DRIVE^=D:\|E DRIVE^=E:\|F DRIVE^=F:\]
      ^!FarClip=^?{(T=A)Sub Dir. List=YES^=mine:Yes|NO^=mine:No}
      ^!TOOLBAR RENAME DOCUMENT ^$StrDeleteRight("^%LIST%";2)$.txt

      THANKYOU DAVE
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2002
        hello Dave,

        >In the clip below how do I get the document name the same as the drive
        <snipped>

        ^!Set %List%=^?[(T=A)Which Directory=C DRIVE^=C:\|A DRIVE^=A:\|D DRIVE^=D:\|E DRIVE^=E:\|F DRIVE^=F:\]
        ; ^!FarClip=^?{(T=A)Sub Dir. List=YES^=mine:Yes|NO^=mine:No}
        ^!SetClipboard ^$StrDeleteRight("^%LIST%";2)$.txt
        ^!TOOLBAR RENAME DOCUMENT
        ; ---<end clip code<<

        with using the above U can run it then strike keyboard keys Ctrl V

        that's Ctrl V so as to paste from clipboard

        then strike the enter key. (if that's good enough for you)

        I tried to get notetab clip code to ^!keyboard command as well as others such as paste etc. so as to get the new doc name entered into the little popped up dialog but it became a no go for me.

        --
        Alternatively, you could use clip code to scan doc's name, close the doc, rename the disk file, re open into notetab the newly named disk file.

        Help > help on clip programming > Disk files > ^!RenameFile
        --

        And, perhaps others list members know of yet even more methods.
        --

        Help > help on clip programming > using other clips > ^!FarClip

        And also your farclip might possibly need [] square brackets due to

        Help > help on clip programming > introduction

        scroll it down so you can look at the difference of the order of when parsing occurs of

        1st of those two gets parsed really early on as compared to when the 2nd of those two gets parsed. (it can make a difference especially if you need it quick so to speak as opposed to first setting it (your item/string) into a variable then later on in the clip drawing upon what had earlier been set into the variable)

        Also the clipclass notetab list has more on some of this since I overlapped a little here in that very same direction.

        --
        Alan.