Re: [NTB] Word Wrap not breaking on specified character

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2002
      Sheri, Harvey (ejhern - if you are here ;-)
      replying on cliplist having seen Jody's tut-tut!

      Your break at 80 clip is cute (I had to look up "^$StrFill" in "your"
      new help to figure out how it was working ... but ...

      Your first and second clips are not symmetric, The first one only
      changes lines that are more than 80 characters, and importantly
      preserves blank lines (ie. paragraphing)

      Your second puts it all into one GLOB - okay if the input had NO
      internal <cr><lf>'s to start, but not too nice otherwise!

      Regards ... Alec
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2002
        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:
        > Your first and second clips are not symmetric, The first one only
        > changes lines that are more than 80 characters, and importantly
        > preserves blank lines (ie. paragraphing)

        > Your second puts it all into one GLOB - okay if the input had NO
        > internal <cr><lf>'s to start, but not too nice otherwise!

        Hi Alec,

        --- On Notetab Basic List, "ejhern" <ephraim@a...> wrote:
        > The files I work are long strings with no carriage returns in them.
        > To read this file it must break on the 80th character to align
        > properly.

        ... and my approach took him at his word <g>

        To keep it simple, you could change my W parameters to a H's, and
        highlight where you wish to wrap or unwrap. But really for most of
        us, word wrapping is more useful than character wrapping.

        > replying on cliplist having seen Jody's tut-tut!

        Jody! He writes me privately and tells me that there needed to be a
        blank line between my two clips for them to be properly recognized as
        two clips when added (simultaneously) to the library from the the
        clipboard. Then he tells me not to tell anybody on the Basic list
        (where we don't discuss clips) LOL.

        Oh well, if ejhern were interested he would have replied to my first
        offer to post a clip, which said to go to the clips list.