Re: Wrapping or line breaks in Wizard message

  • silvermoonwoman2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6 9:02 AM
      --- In ntb-clips@y..., "skinnerbird" <gskinner@s...> wrote:
      > I have several clips that should get longer messages than will fit
      on
      > a single line. I looked through the archives and Help files without
      > finding out how to do wrap or break lines in the message (I
      probably
      > overlooked something obvious). Any hints?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > --Geoffrey

      Have you tried putting ^%nl% in the message texts where you want line
      breaks?

    • skinnerbird
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9 3:35 PM
        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "silvermoonwoman2001" <silvermoonwoman@c...>
        wrote:
        This only quotes ^%nl% in the message text...

        > Have you tried putting ^%nl% in the message texts where you want
        line
        > breaks?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri
      • skinnerbird
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9 3:56 PM
          Once again, this is probably something simple that I'm overlooking
          (apologies...)

          Is there an easy way to retrieve the current filename and extension
          withOUT the path?

          --Geoffrey
        • Alan C.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9 6:15 PM
            Hi Geoffrey,

            Solution I had discovered/used
            Following clip demonstrates using append with ^p (line break) tokens (the append command is not required though; Instead you can put all of that message length down into the main wizard) (but to keep things separated and thus perhaps easier for code maintenance or if somebody else looked at my code and wonder what does that code do) thus I used append hoping make my code easier to study/follow.

            Uses the T=M (message) wizard field

            run the next demo clip and you'll see that I announce that the top field is for instructional purpose only.

            the set line is rather long. please carefully re assemble the line if it gets email line break(s).

            H="test"
            ^!ClearVariables
            ^!Append %msg%="The bottom three fields contain your choices.^p^p"
            ^!Append %msg%="This clip wraps an entire doc with html tags^p"
            ^!Append %msg%="either does blockquote or pre tags^p"
            ^!Append %msg%="or, 3rd, can convert text doc(s) into html doc(s)."
            ^!SetWizardLabel "The top field is to read"
            ; Determine if there is column wrap and sets it.
            ^!Set %dsply%=^?{(T=M)=^%msg%}; %col_wrap%=^?{(H=7) Column wrap==_None|70}; %doc_title%=^?{Title: (leave blank unless opting to html wrap)}; %tags%=^?{(H=7) Choose either to wrap==(Ebay) blockquote^=intrnl_hw1|pre (pre tags only)^=intrnl_hw2|convert to html doc (html wrap)^=intrnl_hw3}
            ^!Goto end

            --
            Regard. Alan.