Wrapping or line breaks in Wizard message

  • skinnerbird
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2002
      I have several clips that should get longer messages than will fit on
      a single line. I looked through the archives and Help files without
      finding out how to do wrap or break lines in the message (I probably
      overlooked something obvious). Any hints?

      Thanks!

      --Geoffrey
    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2002
        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "skinnerbird" <gskinner@s...> wrote:
        > I have several clips that should get longer messages than will fit
        on
        > a single line. I looked through the archives and Help files without
        > finding out how to do wrap or break lines in the message (I
        probably
        > overlooked something obvious). Any hints?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > --Geoffrey

        Have you tried putting ^%nl% in the message texts where you want line
        breaks?

      • skinnerbird
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
          --- In ntb-clips@y..., "silvermoonwoman2001" <silvermoonwoman@c...>
          wrote:
          This only quotes ^%nl% in the message text...

          > Have you tried putting ^%nl% in the message texts where you want
          line
          > breaks?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri
        • skinnerbird
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
            Once again, this is probably something simple that I'm overlooking
            (apologies...)

            Is there an easy way to retrieve the current filename and extension
            withOUT the path?

            --Geoffrey
          • Alan C.
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
              Hi Geoffrey,

              Solution I had discovered/used
              Following clip demonstrates using append with ^p (line break) tokens (the append command is not required though; Instead you can put all of that message length down into the main wizard) (but to keep things separated and thus perhaps easier for code maintenance or if somebody else looked at my code and wonder what does that code do) thus I used append hoping make my code easier to study/follow.

              Uses the T=M (message) wizard field

              run the next demo clip and you'll see that I announce that the top field is for instructional purpose only.

              the set line is rather long. please carefully re assemble the line if it gets email line break(s).

              H="test"
              ^!ClearVariables
              ^!Append %msg%="The bottom three fields contain your choices.^p^p"
              ^!Append %msg%="This clip wraps an entire doc with html tags^p"
              ^!Append %msg%="either does blockquote or pre tags^p"
              ^!Append %msg%="or, 3rd, can convert text doc(s) into html doc(s)."
              ^!SetWizardLabel "The top field is to read"
              ; Determine if there is column wrap and sets it.
              ^!Set %dsply%=^?{(T=M)=^%msg%}; %col_wrap%=^?{(H=7) Column wrap==_None|70}; %doc_title%=^?{Title: (leave blank unless opting to html wrap)}; %tags%=^?{(H=7) Choose either to wrap==(Ebay) blockquote^=intrnl_hw1|pre (pre tags only)^=intrnl_hw2|convert to html doc (html wrap)^=intrnl_hw3}
              ^!Goto end

              --
              Regard. Alan.