Re: [Clip] Clip to Load Replace Dialog (Repost with minor fixes)

  • john041650
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
      Sheri forgive me, but I'm like Don, a little dense here... For even after reading your intro text several times, I can not understand the basic purpose of your clip..

      Plus I have to admit that I ended up way out in left field when I saw the link to the capslock program.

      So let me ask Don's question a different way..

      What is it about Notetab's basic find and replace tool that you are trying to improve upon?

      All in the spirit of learning here...

      John :)

      --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
      > at the risk of demonstrating how dense I may be ...
      > often these threads wind up fine, except we have no idea what they are for
      >
      > can you in simple language explain why I might benefit from downloading this
      > clip ... or in other words ... what exactly does it do?
      >
      > --
      > Don Passenger
      > mailto:dpasseng@i...
      > home: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
      > work: http://www.grcourt.org

    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2002
        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "john041650" <john041650@y...> wrote:
        > Sheri forgive me, but I'm like Don, a little dense here... For
        even after reading your intro text several times, I can not
        understand the basic purpose of your clip..

        > So let me ask Don's question a different way..

        Hi John,

        Hope you are starting to get the picture about the purpose of my clip
        <g>

        > What is it about Notetab's basic find and replace tool that you are
        trying to improve upon?

        What I do or do not have to re-type, re-debug, etc.

        What I like about the Replace Dialog is its ability to do interactive
        selective replacements (Find Next/Replace), and also that you can get
        behind it and edit or copy from the document if you notice something
        that needs changing. For some things it doesn't pay to have to
        create a stand-alone clip.

        PS, Notetab doesn't provide a way to turn Capslock off, but its ^!
        Keyboard output is affected if Capslock happens to be on. That's the
        reason for the using the utility to turn it off.