Re: [Clip] Keeping that dos window open

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2002
      Hi Michael,

      >Unfortunately, now I'm finding the particular script I'm trying to
      >run won't run in this manner. It runs fine if I manually type in the
      >command from a "dos" prompt but won't run in either of these
      >proposed approaches (or by the use of my previous attempts

      (doubtful) nonetheless, A wild guess: you might need use Notetab's chdir command so as to get the MS Win's working directory to be the directory where your script file is located (in case your issue is a path thing/issue so MS Win can find)

      otherwise, further below is keyboard macro which worked for me a lot in the past.

      launch.bat (1) || Stephen's /K option (2) || use Notetab to send keystrokes (3)

      ((just counting) and perhaps even more ways)

      NoteTab can send the keystrokes for you. (closest to manually typing but can be lazy and let Ntab type it) Can also open the command prompt. Or, if command prompt is already open, Notetab can focus it as currently focused window and send the keystrokes (keystrokes sent from/using a clip).

      You might want to look at Notetab's samplecode clip library its keyboard macros section each of those clips provide examples.

      focusapp in the clip language help.

      Regards. Alan.
    • philurex@softhome.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
        Hi Everyone,

        I have something like this in a clip (though much longer):

        ^!Prompt Search and replace is complete. Click OK to continue.

        Can I wrap it so it looks like this in the dialog box...

        Search and replace is complete.
        Click OK to continue.
        [OK]

        Many thanks in advance.