Re: [Clip] Bookmarked ClipCode.Chm

  • silvermoonwoman2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
      Hi Julie,

      --- In ntb-clips@y..., Julie <jlg61@m...> wrote:
      > I'm helping Jody out with moderated posts etc on several of the
      > Notetab lists. While the general setting for files is set to
      > "Limited (members can download files; moderators can
      > upload/modify/download files)"

      If its limited to moderators, sounds like you have to be a
      moderator. Why is it set that way?

      > in looking at your settings, you should have the ability to
      > upload files. I've tried unchecking, saving and rechecking and
      > saving again (whew!) the file upload setting for you.

      No soap, still no access.

      > I downloaded your file from the other site and uploaded it to the
      > Clips file page...

      Thanks but I still it would be nice if we could use the space,
      with 20MB available its a waste.

      Sheri
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
        Hi Sheri,

        >If its limited to moderators, sounds like you have to be a
        >moderator. Why is it set that way?

        You'll have to ask the boss :-), but I'm thinking because these lists allow
        open subscription (a new subscriber doesn't need to be approved by the
        moderator, but their first post does to hopefully weed out the spam),
        there's a little tighter control on the Files area. I guess the option to
        be able to change an individual subscriber's ability to upload files is
        broken. Unfortunately Yahoo's gotten too big for it's britches and does not
        seem to respond to support email.

        >Thanks but I still it would be nice if we could use the space,
        >with 20MB available its a waste.

        I agree!

        Julie
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16, 2002
          Hi Sheri, Julie, and Others,

          I checked your status before posting. I thought I had it set for
          everybody to upload back when I did some others, but Julie said
          not, so I guess not. Thanks for helping out Julie!!! I just set
          upload files for all members to be able to do it. Thanks for
          pointing it out to me.

          http://www.notetab.net