Re: [Clip] Bookmarked ClipCode.Chm

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
      Hi Sheri,

      I'm helping Jody out with moderated posts etc on several of the Notetab
      lists. While the general setting for files is set to
      "Limited (members can download files; moderators can upload/modify/download
      files)"
      in looking at your settings, you should have the ability to upload files.
      I've tried unchecking, saving and rechecking and saving again (whew!) the
      file upload setting for you.

      I downloaded your file from the other site and uploaded it to the Clips
      file page...

      Julie

      At 09:22 PM 08/15/2002 +0000, you wrote:

      >Does anyone currently have upload capability? I don't.
    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
        Hi Julie,

        --- In ntb-clips@y..., Julie <jlg61@m...> wrote:
        > I'm helping Jody out with moderated posts etc on several of the
        > Notetab lists. While the general setting for files is set to
        > "Limited (members can download files; moderators can
        > upload/modify/download files)"

        If its limited to moderators, sounds like you have to be a
        moderator. Why is it set that way?

        > in looking at your settings, you should have the ability to
        > upload files. I've tried unchecking, saving and rechecking and
        > saving again (whew!) the file upload setting for you.

        No soap, still no access.

        > I downloaded your file from the other site and uploaded it to the
        > Clips file page...

        Thanks but I still it would be nice if we could use the space,
        with 20MB available its a waste.

        Sheri
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
          Hi Sheri,

          >If its limited to moderators, sounds like you have to be a
          >moderator. Why is it set that way?

          You'll have to ask the boss :-), but I'm thinking because these lists allow
          open subscription (a new subscriber doesn't need to be approved by the
          moderator, but their first post does to hopefully weed out the spam),
          there's a little tighter control on the Files area. I guess the option to
          be able to change an individual subscriber's ability to upload files is
          broken. Unfortunately Yahoo's gotten too big for it's britches and does not
          seem to respond to support email.

          >Thanks but I still it would be nice if we could use the space,
          >with 20MB available its a waste.

          I agree!

          Julie
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16, 2002
            Hi Sheri, Julie, and Others,

            I checked your status before posting. I thought I had it set for
            everybody to upload back when I did some others, but Julie said
            not, so I guess not. Thanks for helping out Julie!!! I just set
            upload files for all members to be able to do it. Thanks for
            pointing it out to me.

            http://www.notetab.net