Re: [Clip] Re: GetRow

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2002
      Peter:

      I'm glad that Sherri was able to spot the specific points
      to assist you. I have to confess, with most clips I just
      have a quick scan to see if I can get the gist of what's
      being done. If it looks like something I "might" be able
      to use (or rip-off for technique) at some future time I
      drop it in an Ntb-save folder.

      Can I make one gentle suggestion: If you format your
      posts by putting blank lines in more frequently, it
      arrives here, being much easier to read.

      I use a freeware program "OE-QuoteFix" that normally does
      a VERY nice job of reformatting Ntb-list material,
      straightening out quotes, colorizing respective levels of
      quote and quotes of quotes and (just recently added)
      replacing emoticons (eg. :-) and ;-( by their icon
      represenations and preserving or reconstructing long line
      URL's so they are still clickable.

      I'm not sure what others see using other e-mail clients:
      theBat, Becky etc. but what you sent (I think as you
      wrote it, but this one case might have got garbaged by my
      supposed helper application) appeared to me as a large
      "glob" of text.

      Long story, short: Between paragraphs, leave a blank line
      instead of just hitting <cr>.

      FWIW - OE-QuoteFix URL:
      http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/quotefix.php

      Also has a recent version that is supposed to work with
      Outlook (the Office product) in addition to the above
      which works only with Outlook Express.

      Regards ... Alec