Re: [Clip] Multi File Saves

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2002
      Hi Michael,

      I misplaced the other reply to this, so here goes...

      You can Replace in All Documents if the criteria is the same. Select the text to replace and open the Replace dialog. If the text is under 255 characters (I think - it's in help) it will appear in the Find side. Double click on the Replace with to get the same text in the Replace with side. Do that if there are just a few changes to be made, but basically using the same text. Check the box to do All Documents and Replace All. Right click over a tab after that and choose Save All, assuming you replaced what you wanted to. ;)

      You can use Search Disk as well; just a bit more chance of messing up some documents, but you can usually fix them in the same way you messed them up if it happens. ;) I like to live on the wild side sometimes and just go for it getting the adrenalin high wondering if it is going to be correct. <g>

      You can always open one file in the folder and do the regular Replace with it, then use that data in Search Disk.

      > If you have multiple files open in NTP and need to change to one or
      >two lines in the file, Is there a way to to save ALL files with this
      >change? Can Notetab do this or is there a clip floating around out
      >there that already does this?

      http://www.notetab.net

    • xenos33
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2002
        THANK YOU Jodi & John!

        All clips on Yahoo pertaining to NTP are indespensable learing
        tools. Thank you all.

        Michael Xenos