RE: [Clip] Regular Expression problem

  • Lay, Coy
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2002
      _much_ faster! Thanks.

      -- Coy

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jody [mailto:av1611@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 4:23 PM
      To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Clip] Regular Expression problem

      Hi Harvey and Lay Coy,

      >> Is there a way to not have the clip update the screen as the
      >> clip processes?
      >> If I wait for my clip to run it takes about a minute and a
      >> half. If I shrink the window and then expand it, the clip is
      >> always finished.

      I have a Clip on my Clipbar that inserts frequently used code
      into the [Clips] Editor. You want to do the SetHintInfo first
      else you will not "freeze" the Statusbar (or not see anything - I
      forget which it is). Anyway, to speed the Clip up even more use
      ^!SetHintInfo along with SetScreenUpdate as Harvey suggested. I
      normally do not use SetHintInfo while writing/debugging,
      especially with Clips that take awhile to run. (You don't always
      know if it has problems with all updating off.)

      ^!SetHintInfo Working...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

      http://www.notetab.net