[Clip] Re: url then find email ...

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
      David Seidman <seidmand@...> wrote:

      >Since GAWK is a much smaller download than PERL, you may wonder about my
      >useof perl rather than gawk here. One reason is that gawk does not have a
      >built-in sort capability. A second is that gawk does not provide a
      >variable (like $& in perl) that contains what the regex matched, so you
      >have to get that in somewhat more complicated ways. A third is that perl
      >makes it easier to get pattern matches beyond the first in a line, by using
      >the g option attached to the regex. But the real reason is that I was
      >trying to learn perl when I wrote the original version of this program.

      By the way, when I get back to working on NoteAwk, I will convert all
      it's awk scripts to Perl. The gawk support will remain for using the
      user's own gawk scripts, but I need Perl to make the built in scripts
      work as well as I'd like. Gawk is just too limited.

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      ICQ: 15117288
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 30, 1999
        Hi All :

        I have a question ... does any have a clip that will ... take a file with url
        and then
        open an email harvester ... then close and paste the emails back to file to be
        mailed out to... *||:^)

        I do an act called stockdogsNaction and I have over 200 talent agencies that I
        want to contact ... with a simple here I am email ... I have the URL's but not
        the email addresses ... and I have been trying to do manual but I never quite
        get all the way through it ... also I do not want to get emails like webmaster@
        so on has anyone
        else tried to do this ...

        Bill
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 30, 1999
          Hi Bill,

          > I have a question ... does any have a clip that will ... take a
          > file with url and then open an email harvester ... then close
          > and paste the emails back to file to be mailed out to...

          Send me a sample of the text with the addresses in it so that I
          have a few occurrences of it and I will see what I can do.
          mailto:KJB1611@...

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 30, 1999
            Hi BONG,

            > I'm not Bill but I thought my concept of the clip was somewhat
            > similar so you may take a look at the attached files if you're
            > planning to make a good clip for those who work with html.
            > Thanks.

            Gee Bong, you ought to just about have all this Clip stuff done
            with all the examples you have been getting. :) Have you been
            learning any of it?

            The clip does what you asked for with the same text you sent.
            The Clip will only work on source files when the eMail address is
            by themselves. The final output is in two documents in the
            following format. The addresses were changed:

            aaaaa@...; bbbbb@...;

            H=Extract eMail w/Sort
            ; Ntb-Clips@..., 07-30-1999, Jody
            ^!SetHintInfo Harvesting eMail Addresses...
            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            ^!ClearVariable %Sort1%
            ^!ClearVariable %Sort2%
            :Loop
            ^!Find "@" S
            ^!IfError Sort
            ^!Set %Address%=^$GetBlock$
            ^!Append %Addresses%=^%Address%^%nl%
            ^!Goto Loop

            :Sort
            ^!Set %Sort1%=^$StrSort("^%Addresses%";False;True;True)$
            ^!Jump 1
            ^!Toolbar New Document
            ^%Sort1%
            ^!Replace "^p" >> "; " WAS
            ^!Jump 1
            ^!Toolbar New Document
            ^%html%
            ^!Select All
            ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";False;True;True)$
            ^!Jump 1

            H=Extract eMail no/Sort
            ; Ntb-Clips@..., 07-30-1999, Jody
            ; Here is the first one I made before I realized I forgot to remove
            ; the dups
            ^!SetHintInfo Harvesting eMail Addresses...
            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            ^!ClearVariable %String%
            ^!ClearVariable %html%
            :Loop
            ^!Find "@" S
            ^!IfError NewDocs
            ^!Set %Address%=^$GetBlock$
            ^!Append %String%=^%Address%;^%Space%
            ^!Goto Loop

            :NewDocs
            ^!Jump 1
            ^!Toolbar New Document
            ^%String%
            ^!Jump 1
            ^!Toolbar New Document
            ^%html%
            ^!Jump 1

            c ya,
            jody

            I can only please one person a day.
            Today is obviously not your day.
            Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 30, 1999
              Hi Larry and Bong,

              How do you know when you are a NoteTab junkie?

              > Sometimes I wake up at 2 or 3 am and can't go back to sleep
              > until I try and idea that I just had.

              If you find html easy and enjoyable you can become a script
              writing fool too! :) When I first saw the code I looked at it
              and said no way! I was completely lost, but after looking at
              some of Eric's examples and playing with them it started to fall
              in place. I think if you can get the hang of setting variables,
              when to use a command or variable, and a few other necessities
              you will pick it up in time. Of course you need to know the
              basics of clip writing like I assume you do since you do html and
              most likely write your clips for that. Most of the commands
              explain themselves and if not Help will tell you about, hmmm?,
              60% of the time that you will be able to understand it.

              Here is a simple clip to show you how a variable can be set and
              changed:

              :Loop
              ^!Set %Variable%=^?{Set "Variable" to the value of=}
              ^!Skip The variable is not set to ^%Variable% Change the Variable?
              ^!Goto End
              ^!Goto Loop

              There is a lot more to it, but if you notice most clips that are
              posted use variables. When Clips get posted analyze them and see
              what they do. Try making some changes to see the effect it has
              on them. Pay attention to the Jump, Select, Move, commands as
              well, that is, all the commands dealing with the cursor movement
              and selection of text. Notice sometimes the different methods
              that are used to set variables depending on the task. If you
              don't understand something, ask!-)

              Bye for now,
              Jody Adair
              Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

              http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
              http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
              http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 30, 1999
                Hi Kay and Larry,

                > :Loop
                > ^!Find "@" S
                > ^!IfError Sort
                > ^!Set %Address%=^$GetBlock$
                > ^!Append %Addresses%=^%Address%^%nl%
                > ^!Goto Loop
                >
                > I think ^!Append would just add the text '^%Address%' rather
                > than the contents so when you finally use the appended
                > variable, all you'd get is repeats of the last contents of
                > ^%Address% however many times it found @ in the loop ?????

                I couldn't figure out if you got your answer or not, but it does
                get the list of addresses, even when tested. <g> ^%Address% is
                set to the value of the eMail address using ^$Getblock$ after it is
                found. ^%Address% changes evey time a new address is found when
                looping and then get appended. Had I used:

                it would have done as you are saying. That is what Claus asked
                about, I was wondering about, and Wayne answered the other day.
                The clip was very specific for the text that Bong had sent.

                Bye for now,
                Jody Adair
                Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              • BONG
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 31, 1999
                  >Gee Bong, you ought to just about have all this Clip stuff done
                  >with all the examples you have been getting. :) Have you been
                  >learning any of it?

                  You mean the clip language? HTML was easy and clear for me the second day I
                  started to learn it. it's just plain simple. When pro clip-makers make a
                  clip, it very often doesn't work or stucks somewhere. When I try to make a
                  clip, it doesn't work always:) And I lost the link to NTB Help Outline
                  (.otl)...
                  What's the public opinion: is the clip language easy?

                  BONG
                • Larry Thomas
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 31, 1999
                    Hi Bong,

                    At 02:54 PM 7/31/1999 +0300, you wrote:
                    >You mean the clip language? HTML was easy and clear for me the second day I
                    >started to learn it. it's just plain simple. When pro clip-makers make a
                    >clip, it very often doesn't work or stucks somewhere. When I try to make a
                    >clip, it doesn't work always:) And I lost the link to NTB Help Outline
                    >(.otl)...
                    >What's the public opinion: is the clip language easy?
                    >
                    >BONG

                    The clip language is all over the map so far as ease of use is concerned to
                    me. You can create clips that are very function and easy to understand in
                    just seconds and you can get into complex projects that could take hours or
                    days and need help from the list to finish. I am retired on disability
                    with poor eyesite (very poor) and I tend to take a little more of a
                    self-entertainment attitude toward clip programming. I think of something
                    and I then type in a very short very dumb clip and run it on a doc or dummy
                    doc to see how it works. Sometimes I wake up at 2 or 3 am and can't go
                    back to sleep until I try and idea that I just had. Then I also like to
                    solve the puzzles that other people's clip problems represent. And most of
                    the stuff that I learn while writting these clips tends to stick with me.
                    I really like all of the little dumb nut clips for doing really simple
                    things that I can just write on the moment and then delete when I am done
                    with them.

                    We had a thunderstorm this morning and it is quite a bit cooler here now.
                    They are predicting highs in the 80's (down from 90's to 100) and lows in
                    the 60's (cool yes!) at night.

                    Regards,

                    Larry
                    larryt@...
                  • Larry Thomas
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 31, 1999
                      Hi Key,

                      At 11:47 AM 7/31/1999 -0700, you wrote:
                      >07/30/1999 9:37 AM Jody wrote
                      >
                      >:Loop
                      >^!Find "@" S
                      >^!IfError Sort
                      >^!Set %Address%=^$GetBlock$
                      >^!Append %Addresses%=^%Address%^%nl%
                      >^!Goto Loop
                      >
                      >I think ^!Append would just add the text '^%Address%'
                      >rather than the contents so when you finally use the
                      >appended variable, all you'd get is repeats of the last
                      >contents of ^%Address% however many times it found @ in
                      >the loop ?????
                      >
                      >--- Grandma Kay ---

                      I tried:

                      ^!Inc %Var%
                      ^!Append %Var1%=^%Var%^%NL%
                      ^!Info ^%Var1%

                      After running it six times the info box kept incrementing each time and
                      ended with:

                      1
                      2
                      3
                      4
                      5
                      6

                      I do wonder about the line:

                      though.

                      Regards,

                      Larry
                      larryt@...
                    • Kay Roath
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 31, 1999
                        07/31/1999 4:54 AM BONG wrote

                        > You mean the clip language? HTML was easy and clear for me
                        > the second day I started to learn it....
                        > What's the public opinion: is the clip language easy?

                        When clip libraries were first introduced, learning how to
                        use them was even easier than learning HTML because there
                        wasn't much to remember. If you wanted to insert
                        pre-defined text into a document, you made a clip and typed
                        in the text. If you wanted to surround existing text with
                        something like HTML tags, you typed the text and put ^&
                        where you wanted highlighted text to be included. You
                        needed to remember ^! if you wanted to start another
                        program from a clip. It's still that easy, there's just
                        lots more that you can do so there's more to remember &
                        more ways you can make errors :) It's worth the effort &
                        the best part is that you don't need to learn everything all
                        at once. If you never learn any clip programming, NoteTab
                        is still a powerful text processor. Once you get
                        comfortable with all that it can do, you can use ^!KeyBoard
                        & ^!ToolBar to automate everything from the menus. After
                        that, you might want to make choices using wizards and
                        labels. Doing it that way, you'd be closer to learning
                        the way many of the people on the list did :) The problem
                        with trying to learn from what's posted on the list is that
                        we're answering so many people with such varied needs. Just
                        keep in mind that we're mixing and matching lots of little
                        things to help people do big things. Those of us who've
                        been on the list for awhile are quite used to watching
                        people who never thought they'd master clip programming
                        all of a sudden start helping others. The little stuff just
                        adds up as you use it & before you know it, you're ready for
                        the big stuff :)

                        --- Grandma Kay ---
                      • Kay Roath

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 31, 1999
                            07/31/1999 10:31 AM Larry Thomas wrote
                            > I tried:

                            > ^!Inc %Var%
                            > ^!Append %Var1%=^%Var%^%NL%
                            > ^!Info ^%Var1%

                            Good grief! It does. I was thinking it didn't parse
                            anything but apparently, it's only functions & wizards that
                            get put in as text. That's interesting and may be useful,
                            if I can remember it :)

                            --- Grandma Kay ---
                          • David Seidman
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 1, 1999
                              At 08:16 AM 7/31/1999 -0500, Jody wrote:
                              >H=Get eMail Addies
                              <SNIP>

                              >^!Find "@" S
                              >^!IfError Sort
                              >^!Set %Add%=^$GetBlock$

                              I got lost in the thread and so I don't know what input data this is
                              supposed to find email addresses in, but for some input data, there could
                              be a problem. GetBlock returns, as I understand the HLP file, a sequence
                              of bytes delimited by tab or space (or, I assume, new line). In general,
                              there is no reason to assume one of those will be the delimiter. Regular
                              expressions make it relatively easy to handle larger sets of delimiters.
                              I'm not exactly sure what bytes are legal in an Internet email address, but
                              I have constructed a regex based on some assumptions about that. It
                              appears between the opening and closing / in the little perl program below.
                              The program reads a text file from standard input and writes to standard
                              output a sorted list of the email addresses in the file (after conversion
                              to all lower case), one per line, with duplicates omitted. If you run it
                              using Wayne's NoteAwk (as I generally do), the text of the input file is
                              replaced by the output. The print line could easily be changed to
                              accommodate different needs. For example, if you want each line of output
                              to begin with mailto:, you can rewrite the print line as:

                              print "mailto:$_\n";

                              =========================
                              while (<>) {
                              chomp;
                              while (/[^ ,`'":;()<>[\]]+@[^ ,`'":;()<>[\]]+/g) {
                              $a = lc $&;
                              if ($a =~ /\.$/){
                              chop($a);}
                              $addresses{$a}++;
                              }
                              }
                              foreach (sort keys %addresses){
                              print "$_\n";
                              }
                              ==========================

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 1, 1999
                                Hi David,

                                >> ^!Find "@" S
                                >> ^!IfError Sort
                                >> ^!Set %Add%=^$GetBlock$

                                > I got lost in the thread and so I don't know what input data
                                > this is supposed to find email addresses in, but for some input
                                > data, there could be a problem. GetBlock returns, as I
                                > understand the HLP file, a sequence of bytes delimited by tab
                                > or space (or, I assume, new line). In general, there is no
                                > reason to assume one of those will be the delimiter.

                                I had mentioned in one of the first posts that the Clip was
                                specific and would fail if there was text on either side of the
                                address. Both Bong and Bill's source file had the addresses
                                delimited by many spaces or had a hard return on the right end.
                                They were even on lines by themselves used code which was the
                                shortest to write, but most of all the fastest in achieving the
                                ends results desired.

                                Thanks for you perl contribution to the list! Your method if I
                                understand it correctly, will get the most of them regardless of
                                the delimiter. I generally try to do it all in NoteTab though
                                because it is faster, but sometimes it just can't be done
                                reasonably. I like to make specific clips so I can make the do
                                the job quicker than trying to incorporate all the different
                                possibilities there may be slowing the script down. Usually, most
                                the specific task clips can be slightly edited to do different
                                variations of something general. For instance, this one will get
                                all the eMail addresses on a web page in the mailto format and
                                put them into eMail format and I only changed a few things from
                                previous clips posted. The change of tag names was not necessary
                                - just did that because... :)

                                ^!ClearVariable %Addresses%
                                :Loop
                                ^!Find "mailto:" SI
                                ^!IfError Format
                                ^!Select Url
                                ^!Set %Address%=^$GetSelection$
                                ^!Append %Addresses%=^%Address%^%nl%
                                ^!Goto Loop

                                :Format
                                ^!Set %fmt%=^$StrSort("^%Addresses%";False;True;True)$
                                ^!Set %fmt%=^$StrReplace("mailto:";"^%Empty%";"^%fmt%";False;False)$
                                ^!Set %Addresses%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%";",^%Space%";"^%fmt%";False;False)$
                                ^!Jump 1
                                ^!Info ^%Addresses%

                                With others it is just a matter of changing the search criteria
                                finding the start coordinates and selecting back to it. Thanks again for
                                you perl contributions. I consider you our resident pro. :)

                                Happy Camper,
                                Jody Adair
                                Prov. 15:15

                                Clean-Funnies
                                mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe
                              • David Seidman
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 2, 1999
                                  At 01:18 AM 8/2/1999 -0500, Jody wrote:
                                  <SNIP>

                                  >the delimiter. I generally try to do it all in NoteTab though
                                  >because it is faster, but sometimes it just can't be done
                                  >reasonably.

                                  And I generally try to do it using awk or perl because (a) I tend to think
                                  of those as part of NoteTab, given how nicely Eric has integrated them and
                                  how handy Wayne's NoteAwk is; and (b) it saves me the trouble of actually
                                  learning how to write clips. But sometimes I use the awk or perl script
                                  simply to illustrate the use of a regex, and the regex itself is also
                                  useful if you prefer clips to awk or perl scripts.

                                  I like to make specific clips so I can make the do
                                  >the job quicker than trying to incorporate all the different
                                  >possibilities there may be slowing the script down. Usually, most
                                  >the specific task clips can be slightly edited to do different
                                  >variations of something general.

                                  I use perl and awk scripts the same way. The one I posted in this thread,
                                  for example, has been used with various different regex's and some minor
                                  differences in the print statement to extract all sorts of different things.

                                  <SNIP>

                                  >^!Select Url

                                  But there are clear advantages to learning more about clips. For example,
                                  I didn't realize until I read your message that you could just "Select Url".

                                  <SNIP>

                                  > Thanks again for
                                  >you perl contributions. I consider you our resident pro. :)

                                  If I'm the resident perl pro here, we are all in deep trouble.
                                  Fortunately, it appears that a number of contributors here are better
                                  qualified than I am to claim the title.
                                • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 2, 1999
                                    On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:16:20 -0500 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
                                    > Hi Larry and Bong,
                                    >
                                    > How do you know when you are a NoteTab junkie?

                                    When you stay up until the sun starts to rise trying to get a clip to
                                    work....

                                    Jodie & I have a joke about starting CPA - Clip Programmers Anonymous.

                                    Hi, My Name's Larry and I am a NoteTab junkie. ;)

                                    Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
                                    http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
                                    My Web Site: http://members.tripod.com/notlimaH/

                                  • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 2, 1999
                                      On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:54:06 +0300 "BONG" <bong@...> writes:
                                      > What's the public opinion: is the clip language easy?
                                      >
                                      > BONG

                                      I find it to be much easier than it at first appears. Some things I first
                                      tried to do with clips were like using a sledgehammer to crack an egg. It
                                      works but takes a lot of energy to do it right.

                                      Many of my first clips that I asked for help on went from twenty plus
                                      lines to under ten, from suggestions on the list.

                                      Once you get the hang of it, it starts to make sense. You just have to
                                      play with it.

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 3, 1999
                                        Hi David,

                                        > And I generally try to do it using awk or perl because (a) I
                                        > tend to think of those as part of NoteTab, given how nicely
                                        > Eric has integrated them and how handy Wayne's NoteAwk is; and
                                        > (b) it saves me the trouble of actually learning how to write
                                        > clips.

                                        And scripts save me the trouble of learning perl. I find
                                        perl/gawk a lot harder than NoteTab's scripting.

                                        > If I'm the resident perl pro here, we are all in deep trouble.
                                        > Fortunately, it appears that a number of contributors here are
                                        > better qualified than I am to claim the title.

                                        Perhaps, but you always seem to have an answer for us. :) I know
                                        Wayne knows it and Wren, hmmm, where is he, does well also.

                                        Bye for now,
                                        Jody Adair
                                        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                                        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                                        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                                        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                                      • Nicole Simon
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 3, 1999
                                          David Seidman wrote:
                                          > If I'm the resident perl pro here, we are all in deep trouble.
                                          > Fortunately, it appears that a number of contributors here are better
                                          > qualified than I am to claim the title.

                                          Fortunately, we all have our little project to go, so a good big perl
                                          library is up to you to make ;))

                                          Nicole

                                          --
                                          »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
                                          enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 3, 1999
                                            At 02:42 AM 8/3/1999 -0500, Jody wrote:

                                            >And scripts save me the trouble of learning perl. I find
                                            >perl/gawk a lot harder than NoteTab's scripting.

                                            Perl is big, messy, complicated, and extremely powerful. I pretty much
                                            restrict myself to a fairly small subset of what was available in version
                                            3. I really don't even try to understand the things that differentiate
                                            version 5 from version 4.

                                            Awk, on the other hand, is pretty small, orders of magnitude less
                                            complicated, and a good deal less powerful (Gawk adds a little bit to awk,
                                            but not really anything you have to worry about, although one or two of the
                                            added functions are extremely handy). The whole thing is set out and
                                            explained in one 45-page chapter of The Awk Programming Language, by Aho,
                                            Kernighan, and Weinberger (a book which I would recommend highly to anyone
                                            interested in computer programming). I doubt you would find it a lot
                                            harder than NoteTab's scripting if you spent a few hours with the book.
                                            Not that I'm recommending that you do -- if you can do what you want in
                                            NoteTab scripting, you don't need awk.
                                          • David Seidman
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 3, 1999
                                              At 10:38 AM 8/3/1999 +0200, Nicole Simon wrote:

                                              >Fortunately, we all have our little project to go, so a good big perl
                                              >library is up to you to make ;))

                                              But wouldn't I need to learn the clip language to do that?
                                            • Nicole Simon
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 4, 1999
                                                David Seidman wrote:
                                                > But wouldn't I need to learn the clip language to do that?

                                                Nope. A library for _writing_ perlscripts is not that complicated ;o)
                                                Take my awk.clbs and make them suitable for perl would be a good start ;o)
                                                (I have a newer version on my harddisk)

                                                A typical entry from my 'awk special' library goes like this:
                                                d. comma --> d. point
                                                sub(",", ".", ^?[variable]) ^?[With comment ==_No^=|Yes^=#
                                                replaces decimal comma with point]

                                                awk_f for function:
                                                for
                                                for(^?[initialization=i=1];^?[condition=i<=];^?[increment=i++]) {
                                                ^&
                                                } # for (^?[initialization];^?[condition];^?[increment])

                                                awk_v for variables
                                                ARGV command-line arguments
                                                # ARGV is indexed from zero to ARGC - 1
                                                ARGV

                                                You see, a little timesaving, a litte lookup and a little helpfile.
                                                :o)

                                                Nicole

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 4, 1999
                                                  At 03:33 PM 8/4/1999 +0200, Nicole Simon wrote:
                                                  >David Seidman wrote:
                                                  >> But wouldn't I need to learn the clip language to do that?
                                                  >
                                                  >Nope. A library for _writing_ perlscripts is not that complicated ;o)

                                                  "Nope," she says, but "Yes" she means. Yes, I would have to learn more of
                                                  the clip language than I've ever used before, but no, I would not have to
                                                  learn the whole thing.

                                                  >Take my awk.clbs and make them suitable for perl would be a good start ;o)

                                                  But Michael E. Schechter's Perl_clb.Zip already exists. Do you not think
                                                  that is useful?

                                                  >(I have a newer version on my harddisk)

                                                  Then that is the version that should be on Eric's web site. Surely when
                                                  you tell me to take your awk.clbs and make them suitable for perl, I should
                                                  be using the newest version of your awk.clbs.
                                                • Nicole Simon
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Aug 5, 1999
                                                    David Seidman wrote:
                                                    > "Nope," she says, but "Yes" she means. Yes, I would have to learn more of
                                                    > the clip language than I've ever used before, but no, I would not have to
                                                    > learn the whole thing.

                                                    The parts you could use are _really_ basic clip language. If you want to
                                                    see a real big clip, take a look at Wayne's Projectmanager - but be
                                                    carefull, it is very strucured and good programmed ;o)

                                                    > But Michael E. Schechter's Perl_clb.Zip already exists. Do you not think
                                                    > that is useful?

                                                    No. The last time I saw this he had 5 or more librarys with different parts
                                                    - this is way to much. Like the special char library: Yes, you can have one
                                                    whole library for it but you can also put this in one clip.

                                                    > Then that is the version that should be on Eric's web site. Surely when

                                                    Yes and no.

                                                    The newer one I am using has some 'special' gawk function, little
                                                    snipplets, special things which _I_ need but no one else and, another big
                                                    problem:

                                                    NR display
                                                    if(NR % ^?[In welchen Abständen Zeilen zählen?=100] == 0) { #
                                                    Lebenszeichen geben
                                                    printf "\rVerarbeitete Zeilen: " NR
                                                    }

                                                    They are mostly in german.

                                                    The _basic_ set is complete with all most needed functions and variables.
                                                    But I need time to seperate the 'unwanted' special-Nicole-in-german clips
                                                    out of it. If you just have a look at it's okay. But not for the library.

                                                    I don't have the time to translate it proper and I never had any real
                                                    feedback (add this, correct that) that someone uses them really ;o)

                                                    But, they are a good base for other languages. :o)

                                                    Nicole