Re: [Clip] Minor Critics (was: Why is my condition test not working?)

  • jaydrake@inthecastle.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 11:42 AM
      I would certainly agree with the following ideal of strict syntax as someone who does a bit of programming in Java, PHP, Perl and Python. (not alot, mind you...) While it can sometimes be frustrating to move between them, it's certainly worse when you move from a less structured language to a more structured language, especially if you have alot of experience in the former and have picked up bad habits. One thing I would note, however is that I have found myself prefering syntax which utilizes spacing between parts of expressions. I find this easier to read and debug.

      JayD

      <snip>
      ^!Set has some irregularities in it. They will be fixed in
      version 5. I believe Eric should use a more strict syntax so
      that we all use correct code and not to have him put bugs in
      NoteTab to accept improper syntax, even if they are commonly made
      errors, IMO.