Re: [Clip] URL Collection - How to Date Order

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2002
      John,

      This section of your clip:

      ^!SetHintInfo Getting Filenames...
      ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("^%SiteLinkPath%";"*.url";NAME)$
      ^!StatusShow Getting bookmarks, please stand by...
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ EndLoop
      ^!Append %URLList%=""^%ThisFile%""
      ; Outer quotes used by append.
      ; Inner quotes put into variable.

      ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("^%SiteLinkPath%";"*.url";NAME)$

      Change it to sort on DATE instead of NAME, like this:

      ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("^%SiteLinkPath%";"*.url";DATE)$

      Here is the usage from Help:

      ^$GetFileFirst([+]FilePath;FileSpecs[;Attr][;SortingOrder])$

      UNSORTED: No sorting is used.
      NAME: Files are sorted by name.
      TYPE: Files are sorted by type (based on the extension).
      DATE: Files are sorted by date.
      SIZE: Files are sorted by size.
      Use the prefix "REV" to reverse the sorting order (e.g. REVSIZE starts with
      the largest file).

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...