[Clip] Re: Perl Clips (was [NRN One-liner replace "rwsa" CLIP crash)

  • silvermoonwoman2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2002
      Hi again,

      I tried making a test file with the same number of line entries but
      each with a line size of 1026 to avoid the regexp bug. Using the one
      line replace I couldn't process the whole file, I kept getting "Out
      of Memory". So I made a clip that highlights 1024 lines at a time,
      uses the 1 line Regexp Replace and loops to the end. Here are times
      for using that test file and method. Much better, but hardly as fast
      as the Perl script.

      Notetab Loop
      End 12:50:41
      Beg 12:49:46