Re: [Clip] Re: Is this possible? to distinguish words in file

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2002
      Hi Steve, Don,

      >that's why I think I need to find "DEGREES" or "DEGREE" to latch onto
      >and work from there...

      enclosed clip does what you want. Uses

      NORTH

      SOUTH

      each of those for its begin of line criteria. And, uses

      FEET

      as its end of line criteria. Then near end of clip does allows to keep only those items containing

      DEGREES

      --

      No regex in this clip. Regex definitely could be applicable here. But this clip is fast on your sample.

      currently (but fixable) it does leave one ran together

      35MINUTES

      clip follows.

      H="test parse"
      ^!Set %WordWrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "SOUTH" >> "^pSOUTH" IWSA
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "NORTH" >> "^pNORTH" IWSA
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "^%SPACE%^%SPACE%" >> "^%SPACE%" IWSA
      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      :TRIMRLOOP
      ^!Find "FEET" IS
      ^!IfError EXITTRIMR
      ^!Jump SELECT_END
      ^!Select EOL
      ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" IS
      ^!Goto TRIMRLOOP
      :EXITTRIMR
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Set %LineCount%=^$GetLineCount$
      ^!Goto Skip_2
      :DEGREELOOP
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Select LINE
      ^!Find "DEGREES" ISH
      ^!IfError MORETRIM
      ^!If ^$GetRow$ => ^%LineCount% FINISH
      ^!Goto DEGREELOOP
      :MORETRIM
      ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^p" IS
      ^!Jump -1
      ^!Goto DEGREELOOP
      :FINISH
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "^p" IWSA
      ^!SetWordWrap ^%WordWrap%
      ; ----<end clip<<

      Regards. Alan.
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2002
        Hi,

        Importantly, oops, I forgot to include the very first two lines of the clip.

        From my earlier posted clip, the former first line must now become (as follows) the third line with 2 NEW additional lines above it at the very top. Thus:

        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!Replace "^p" >> "" IWSA
        ^!Set %WordWrap%=^$IsWordWrap$

        (Those 2 NEW additional lines make your sample so that it is without line breaks which is what is needed for the remainder of the clip to work properly)

        So please be sure to add those 2 NEW lines at the very top of the clip.

        Thanks. Alan.
      • steveadausa
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2002
          That's a * beautiful * thing, Alan. Thanks.

          Steve