Re: [Clip] Is this possible? to distinguish words in file

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2002
      this one might be easier if you explain what you want to do and why ....
      ie take the metes and bounds description and break it into lines?

      just search and replace the words thence or thence; with a return and you
      have it
      why 10? because you are going to the next semi-colon? What if a
      description omits the seconds? Perfectly valid to do if they are 00, but
      then 10 words will put you into the next description.

      Are there always semi-colons for the delimiter or do you sometimes get
      commas?

      --
      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2002
        Hi Don,

        << this one might be easier if you explain what you want to do and
        why ....

        I am trying to put the text file into a format
        from which I can use AutoLisp to run a mathematical
        closure of the legal description.

        Before desired clip:

        COMMENCE AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF SAID SECTION 7; THENCE ON
        THE EASTERLY LINE THEREOF RUN THE FOLLOWING 2 COURSES: 1) SOUTH 06
        DEGREES 35MINUTES 17 SECONDS WEST 1210.10 FEET TO THE POINT OF
        BEGINNING; 2) SOUTH 06 DEGREES 35 MINUTES 17 SECONDS WEST 444.24
        FEET; THENCE NORTH 50 DEGREES 39 MINUTES 16 SECONDS WEST 74.75 FEET;
        THENCE NORTH 35 DEGREES 30 MINUTES 18 SECONDS WEST 69.86 FEET;
        THENCE NORTH 06 DEGREES 35 MINUTES 17 SECONDS EAST 48.04 FEET; THENCE
        SOUTH 83 DEGREES 24 MINUTES 43 SECONDS EAST 156.86 FEET TO
        THE POINT OF BEGINNING, BEING 0.8181 ACRES, MORE OR LESS, IN AREA.

        After desired clip:

        SOUTH 06 DEGREES 35 MINUTES 17 SECONDS WEST 1210.10 FEET
        SOUTH 06 DEGREES 35 MINUTES 17 SECONDS WEST 444.24 FEET
        NORTH 50 DEGREES 39 MINUTES 16 SECONDS WEST 74.75 FEET
        NORTH 35 DEGREES 30 MINUTES 18 SECONDS WEST 69.86 FEET
        NORTH 06 DEGREES 35 MINUTES 17 SECONDS EAST 48.04 FEET
        SOUTH 83 DEGREES 24 MINUTES 43 SECONDS EAST 156.86 FEET

        << What if a description omits the seconds?

        They won't, because I will only use this for descriptions that I
        write myself

        Thanks,

        Steve Adams (NTP 4.9)