Is this possible? to distinguish words in file

  • steveadausa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2002
      Hi Everybody,

      Is this possible? I want my clip to search for the word
      "DEGREES" in my text file (see below), and have it select a string of
      words (beginning 2 words before "DEGREES" and ending
      10 words later).

      I know how to do this: ^!Find "DEGREES" WC
      & I know how to find the row and column of the
      cursor position. But how do I determine where words
      are? (Something to do with delimmeters?)

      Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

      Thanks,

      Steve Adams (NTP 4.9)

      (Thanks to Sheri and hrs for answering previously)

      Sample text file:

      THENCE SOUTH 53 DEGREES 01 MINUTE 28 SECONDS WEST 60.14 FEET;THENCE
      SOUTH 54 DEGREES 52 MINUTES 37 SECONDS WEST 106.45 FEET;THENCE SOUTH
      73 DEGREES 47 MINUTES 29 SECONDS WEST 56.17 FEET;THENCE SOUTH 18
      DEGREES 08 MINUTES 02 SECONDS WEST 63.90 FEET;THENCE SOUTH 83 DEGREES
      14 MINUTES 30 SECONDS WEST 109.97 FEET;THENCE NORTH 28 DEGREES 42
      MINUTES 17 SECONDS WEST 73.92 FEET;THENCE NORTH 10 DEGREES 59 MINUTES
      18 SECONDS WEST 54.19 FEET;THENCE NORTH 32 DEGREES 27 MINUTES 29
      SECONDS WEST 46.91 FEET;THENCE NORTH 07 DEGREES 33 MINUTES 15 SECONDS
      EAST 69.27 FEET;