Re: [Clip] How inspect value of variable you just set?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2002
      > steveadausa wrote:
      >
      > Hi Everybody,
      >
      > (I could write a clip that says:
      > if I want to see the value of "var4", but then I have to
      > revise the clip each time I want to inspect a different
      > variable!)
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Steve Adams (NTP4.9)

      Steve,

      It depends how sophisticated your clip is. If variables change
      frequently there's no easy answer.

      Ordinarily I just expand on what you already have and place it later in
      the clip. Something like;

      ^!Info ^%var4%^%nl%^%var5%^%nl%^%var6%^%nl%^%var7%

      so the variables will stack vertically for easy viewing, or,

      ^!Info ^%var4% ‡ ^%var5% ‡ ^%var6% ‡ ^%var7%

      use some easily identifiable separator to make better reading.

      If you really want to get serious you could lines at various places to
      append the variables in question to a separate doc.

      hrs