Re: [Clip] Small Suggestion For Notetab Release

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
      Hi Jim,

      As I mentioned, I was brain dead last night, still a bit foggy
      this AM. Do you mean the Search field in the CHM files? If so,
      It would be nice to have auto-completion in it, but it might be a
      MS thing. If you mean the Quick List - Clip Assistant, all
      that I checked have auto-completion. If not of the above or
      below is not what you are asking, then I don't understand what
      you want.

      >I tried the following two formats for wizards. Both of them have
      >"look ahead typing" which is my way of saying auto-completion.
      >Place your cursor in a field and start typing as you type.
      >The main difference is the double equal sign in the second wizard.
      >
      >^?[Box1=Test|boy|girl dog]
      >^?[Box2==Test|boy|girl dog]
      >
      >> Will you please do us keyboard-only users a small favor? In the
      >> clip help syntax file, will you please change the code so that
      >> when we bring up a list of functions or commands that it always
      >> brings up a list box rather than a combobox? That would make it
      >> so we can press letters and scroll much more quickly. With
      >> combo boxes, the only way for us to scroll is by using arrow
      >> keys and page up and sown unless I missed something.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      UnSubscribe, Options
    • Hal Brehe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
        Hi Jody,

        I was just notified that I had a problem with NTP by receiving this Error
        notification dialog box.
        Application Error
        Exception EWin32Error in module NOTEPRO.EXE at 0000E0BB;
        A WIN32 API function failed.

        Deleting the notice removes NTP from the screen.

        I'm running 4.9NTP

        Any suggestions?

        Regards,

        Hal

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2002
          Hi Hal,

          I believe I saw Larry H. answer this. Those errors are nor
          normally caused by low resources, you should try rebooting and
          see if you still have the problem. The fowling is more detailed
          information:

          Those errors are usually due to low resources. Sometimes they
          may be caused by certain file(s). It/they may open fine a few at
          a time, but when trying to load them all on startup is a
          different matter. If you get error messages like Win32 API,
          TClipbookList, NoteTab freezes, or seems to freeze up (which
          might be loading many MB) sometimes it can happen on startup
          because you had too many large documents to reload from when you
          last had NoteTab open. (Sometimes a reboot takes care of it if
          you have not done that yet, or closing other programs that may
          open when you start up Windows.)

          You may need to remove the files from NoteTab Pro's ini file;
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Try opening an editor that
          will read text documents like Notepad or Wordpad and open
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Scroll down till you get
          to the [Autoload] section and remove all the paths to the files
          to reload on startup. You might want to try it from a fresh
          Windows boot up as well. You can copy the file paths/names so
          that you can open the same files again easier when you get
          NoteTab running.

          You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
          with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini; Pro or
          Std/Light respectively) in front of it and restart NoteTab.

          Some programs have memory leaks in them as well as some Windows
          versions like WinME. Some programs do not release all the memory
          they were using while open. That can add up to not having enough
          memory for programs to start causing all kinds of errors.

          Windows has basically three types of memories: RAM, Virtual
          Memory (your hard disk), and a small section of RAM used for
          storing Windows object handles. When Windows runs out of system
          resources, it may have plenty of RAM left, but it runs out of
          space for storing handles. This is often when funny things start
          happening like the tab bar displaying blank tabs, or the Toolbar
          showing no icons.

          Only libraries open in the Clipbook window will occupy RAM. The
          more items, and the larger the Clips, the more RAM it uses up.
          Running Clips that create variables will take another chunk from
          RAM. Closing the Clipbook window will free several handles which
          occupy the third type of memory.

          Some things in NoteTab can cause extra memory to be used are:

          Large amounts of Favorites and long lists slow down the loading
          of NoteTab and use up a fair amount of RAM.

          A large Undo limit size. What is considered large is largely
          dependant on how many documents you open. Should rarely be a
          problem if you open less than 50 documents at a time.

          http://www.notetab.net