Re: [Clip] PageClips Clip Library

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2002
      Hi Alan,

      I cannot say I am able to follow what is intended to be going on with the
      clip. Does it assume I have already made my thumbnails (I was hoping it
      actually interacted with ez thumbs)? It never asks me for a directory to
      run to find the thumbnails.

      The cell_code clip seems to already have info included in it which cannot be
      correct:
      <!-- picell^%ItemNum% -->
      snip...

      I have made two clips historically for a similiar purpose. One just runs a
      directory and makes a "navigation" frame page which has a picture of each
      thumbnail. It finds every image file that has *_tn.ext and then makes a
      link to the main frame for that picture so that when you click the thumb the
      bigger picture opens to the right in the main frame.

      I made a better one a while back which did the same thing, but then made a
      page for each image to open into which permitted me to put a caption on the
      big picture, etc. I think I may have lost this to a hard drive crash, but
      ... then again, who knows what I have backed up if I search - lol.

      Actually now that I think about it I also have a third clip which makes a
      used item listing where you fill in the item and point the wizard to the
      desired thumbnail, then it creates the link to the big picture and generates
      a table to display the used item.

      If the content of any of those will help you I would be happy to forward.

      Anyway, your clip just made a page for me which didn't include any pictures
      and did include the 139.35KB etc. under each non-picture. Maybe I did
      something wrong.

      --
      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2002
        ^!Find "picell[\d]*" RS

        is this why I find nothing ...
      • Alan C.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2002
          Hello Don,

          http://users.cwnet.com/acummi/proj/pagepic.htm

          That's, mechanically, how content to be displayed, more specifically how page layout's to be characterized.

          That's all that the clip does so far.

          >I cannot say I am able to follow what is intended to be going on with the
          >clip. Does it assume I have already made my thumbnails

          when the clip lib is completed, yes.

          >(I was hoping it
          >actually interacted with ez thumbs)? It never asks me for a directory to
          >run to find the thumbnails.

          clip lib not totally completed yet. At this point, the clip merely outputs the mechanics of what the finished html page will look like, page layout wise. Not pics, not yet, not until finished. It's under development. The library's about (red clip) has some info.

          I may make it interact with ez thumbs. I'm still developing. So far it only outputs certain specific mechanics as to type of format, formatting of the html page layout. As to how the content to be displayed, how page content's layout is characterized.

          >The cell_code clip seems to already have info included in it which cannot be
          >correct:
          ><!-- picell^%ItemNum% -->

          Oh it's correct. Yes, that there is just a pic - cell, a table cell identifier (look at the source of the outputted html code) (just so it's easier when visually looking at the source code to see its tables, cells, and layout) -- a **begin and end cell html comment** with a beginning number on each cell.

          >If the content of any of those will help you I would be happy to forward.

          The gentleman on Album Express list needs the html page to look just like the output from my clip lib, which outputs 9 (sort of large) thumbnails per html page. (mechanics wise as far as his page layout is concerned like my clip lib's output) but I not done yet with the lib. And each of the 9 TN link to a larger picture (when completed).

          >Anyway, your clip just made a page for me which didn't include any pictures
          >and did include the 139.35KB etc. under each non-picture. Maybe I did
          >something wrong.

          No you didn't do anything wrong. I just haven't yet finished all the details the mechanics are there but more to come. The clip lib's red (about) clip has a to do list of items.

          More development yet to come which will finalize, and get the TN in and link to larger pic, also have correct and current data specs under the TN.

          Regards. Alan.
        • Alan C.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2002
            Hi Don,

            >^!Find "picell[\d]*" RS
            >
            >is this why I find nothing ...

            2nd clip (H="_htm_page_layout") as per (a portion)(in particular, note as below)

            picell^%ItemNum%]

            such code as that is in per below example code taken from clip number 2, inserts picell with an cell number in each of the 9 cells of the table.

            :RepeatCell
            ^!INC CellIndex
            ^!IF ^%CellIndex% > ^%CellCount% EndCell
            ^!INC ItemNum
            ^!InsertWizardHtml <TD ALIGN="^?[(7)T&D Align=_center|left|right]" VALIGN="^?[(8)TD VAli&gn=baseline|bottom|_middle|top]">^P
            ^?[(10)&Prompt for cell text=Yes^= ^?{R^%RowIndex%C^%CellIndex%: Enter cell text}|_No^= picell^%ItemNum%]
            ^!InsertHtml ^P </TD>^P
            ^!GoTo RepeatCell
            :EndCell

            So, the find line you quoted above is in clip number 3 (cell_packer). Note that at top of the cell_packer clip it jumps the cursor to top of doc before it gets down to your quoted find line. Cell packer merely packs each cell with content and code. The construct is nested html tables. That's how the gentleman's sample created from Thumbs Plus by Cerius software it used nested tables.

            So, picell7 for example is a unique flag or marker; it's placed in the doc by clip number 2 so, as a flag, it's already in the doc before clip number 3 comes along. As cell packer, the third clip, iterates through each loop, it packs a cell. cell packer finds each picell flag/marker and replaces the marker with the table cell's content.

            HTH

            Regards. Alan.