PageClips Clip Library

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2002
      Hello All,

      A gentleman on the Album Express email list was looking for a method to index several web pages of thumbnails, each of his thumbnails to be linked to a larger picture.

      I've created a clip lib and template which can be used along with Eric's Easy Thumbs so as to accomplish the task.

      Don't look to hard at it or you'll see plenty of re used code from NTB's html library and html.tpl (might as well be lazy and go modular) as in why reinvent the wheel

      So far, it generates the specific needed page layout of code. Its outputted html table border size of 4 is for visual purpose only, and will be set to 0 when clip is completed. Though it's in the rough draft stage, it's run able now, I've tested it.

      I'm posting it up so that if others have suggestions for improvement or would like to beta test it etc. etc. I would like for you to test 'cause a group brings together more than just that of an individual. Thanks!

      I made it so that it's modular like ie each of multiple clips, each clip does its own ONE task then passes off to another clip. A relay team of clips in a library.

      So, next at site link (in the zip file) is a complete clip library that also includes a needed template.

      2 files are inside the zip, one is a clip library, the other is a template to be placed in NoteTab's templates directory.

      http://users.cwnet.com/acummi/proj/

      Hopefully you can right click on the zip file and choose "save target as"

      Another, a 2nd method with which to get the package would be to get the pageclips.clb file and the HTMPAGCODE.htm file. But note that the .htm file needs converted/edited (inside and out) back to .tpl

      Regards. Alan.