Tell Me If I'm Right Please

  • james.homme@highmark.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2002
      I'd like to make Notetab load a clipbook any time it sees a file with a
      certain name or extention. Or, I want to make it run a clip when this
      happens. Right now, I think the only way for me to do that is make a
      template that runs some clip code that does stuff like that. Then open it.
      Is that right?

      Thanks.

      Jim
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        >I'd like to make Notetab load a clipbook any time it sees a file with a
        >certain name or extention. Or, I want to make it run a clip when this
        >happens. Right now, I think the only way for me to do that is make a

        Another method:

        loadlibrary command or very similar exists in the clip language.

        also in clip language is ability to test for criteria as to what type of file is the currently focused file in NoteTab. for examlple can verify is it a .txt or a .html or any others that you specify. to do it you use clip language's code for current doc also in conjunction with clip language's ^!if with a specifier to test for your specific file extension.

        I don't know of a method for all this to be set up so as to auto check

        But it all can be assigned to a clipbar button so that just one mouse click initiates it all (very nearly auto -- one mouse click) (user suspects the need to test current doc, user clicks on clipbar button, NoteTab does all the rest)

        I wanted to post an example from my archives. But I'm restoring from computer crash and other much busyness. It may be several days or more before I can find anything pertinent clip of which I do have at least several

        there are a very few clips or clip commands that are not reliable when attempt to initiate from a clipbar button but that work ok when launched from the clip library displayer window where clips from within a library can be seen. hopefully loadlibrary command shouldn't be in this category. I guess I'm saying that create, implementation and testing (applies to any new clip)

        Regard. Alan.
      • Alan C.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2002
          Hi Jim,

          >>I'd like to make Notetab load a clipbook any time it sees a file with a
          >>certain name or extention. Or, I want to make it run a clip when this
          >>happens. Right now, I think the only way for me to do that is make a
          >
          >Another method:
          <snipped>
          And, yet another that's *perhaps (you'd have to try it to see if you like it or not) more practical:

          Make a clip with which to open your files in NoteTab.

          The first part which has wizard to browse, select file to open.

          Then the remainder of same clip tests and opens certain library if necessary.

          After it's built: launch the clip to open a file in NoteTab and have the file tested and a certain library opened possibly also a clip launched/run from the opened library.

          Regards. Alan.
        • Len
          Message 4 of 4 , May 16, 2002
            Hi Eric, All;

            If practical, a new event clip something like this??

            H="OnDocOpen"
            "Name1.ext,Name2.ext,Name3.ext" Accepts wildcards
            would be usable here.

            >>I'd like to make Notetab load a clipbook any time it sees a file with a
            >>certain name or extention. Or, I want to make it run a clip when this
            >>happens. Right now, I think the only way for me to do that is make a

            This may be a starting point.
            The http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/qrefset8.zip is very good for
            clip composing.

            H="Check Ext"
            ^!SetArray %ext%=txt;htm;html;??;??
            ^!Set %cnt%=1
            :loop
            ^!If ^$IsFileType("^$GetDocName$";"^%ext%^%cnt%")$ = 0 Skip
            ^!GoTo ^%ext%^%cnt%
            ^!Inc %cnt%
            ^!If ^%cnt% > 5 Skip
            ^!GoTo loop
            ^!Continue Document extension is not in the Check Ext array.
            ^!GoTo end
            :txt
            ^!Clip clipname
            ^!GoTo end