NoteTab Pro 4.9 beta #06

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      Sorry I'm sending this so soon after the previous beta, but I thought some
      of you might appreciate the latest additions. Get beta #06 of NoteTab Pro
      4.9 from the usual page:

      http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm

      Please read the information contained in the Beta.txt file before copying
      all the files to your NoteTab folder.

      Changes in beta #06
      -------------------
      * Version number changed from 4.86d to 4.9.

      * You can now change the default keyboard shortcuts for menu items by
      creating a definition file called Shortcuts.dat in the NoteTab program
      folder. Place one shortcut reassignment per line. Start the line with the
      shortcut value, followed by a space, followed by the menu item. The first
      menu name in the sequence is the one that appears at the top of the main
      menu, followed by submenu names (if any), and then the name of the final
      menu item to activate. You must separate submenu items with a forward slash
      and leave out any ellipsis. You should put double quotes around a menu name
      if it contains one or more forward slash characters. The case of characters
      does not have to be the same as the actual menu commands.You can comment
      out shortcuts by putting a semicolon at the start of the line. Example of
      the contents of the Shortcuts.dat file:

      ;This line starts with a semicolon and is ignored by NoteTab
      Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
      Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"

      * Added ^!SetShortcut command to the Clip language. You can use it to
      temporarily change keyboard shortcuts for menu items. It takes two
      parameters, which are separated by a space character. The first parameter
      represents the shortcut value and the second represents the menu item.
      Examples:
      ^!SetShortcut Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
      ^!SetShortcut Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"

      * Added support for the following key values for the ^!Keyboard command:

      SELECT
      PRINT
      EXECUTE
      PRINTSCREEN
      WINDOWS
      APPLICATIONS
      SLEEP
      ZOOM
      PLAY
      NUMLOCK
      SCROLLLOCK

      Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the WINDOWS key to work as expected.

      The INSERT key can now be combined with other keys (e.g., Insert+F), but
      this has not been tested, so I'm not sure it will work.

      * Summary information properties assigned to files on NTFS 5 systems are
      now correctly restored when a document is saved with or without backups
      enabled.

      * Made more changes to the Browse Folder dialog box.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes