syntax problem? clip to select text

  • dean martineau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2002
      My first venture into clip programming is to make a clip which will first
      grab the cursor position, then allow the user to move about the screen at
      will and select text from the new current location of the cursor to that
      position. This would be of benefit to me, and possibly other blind users,
      who find the Windows text selection procedures rather limiting.

      So far, my efforts haven't worked. Here's what I have written:

      h="xmark"
      ^!set%rr%=^$getrow$
      ^!set%cc%=^$getcol$

      h="zselect"
      ^!selectto^%rr%:^%cc%

      The idea for the funny header names is that the user could press x and F2
      to set a mark, then when she has reached the desired spot, press z then F2
      to select, since no other clip header begins with x or z in these libraries
      I'm using. I wish we could assign a clip to a keyboard combination!

      Can anybody help with this?

      Thanks in advance.

      Dean