Arrays

  • Robert Barrows
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2002
      I'm trying to create a clip to sort headings in an HTML document.
      I want to store the name of the heading, and then the text of the heading in an array.
      Things would be easier if I could have sub-headings be sub-entries in the array.
      The NoteTab help file doesn't mention anything about using multiple dimensions in an array. The example array is just a one column list with the first entry being the number of entries.

      Can I do something like this:

      ^!SetArray %Array%HLEVEL%%Count%%=^$GetSelection$

      Thanks.

      -Rob.
      This e-mail contains PortalPlayer INTERNAL INFORMATION.

    • stephen riddle
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2002
        Hi Rob
        > Can I do something like this:
        >
        > ^!SetArray %Array%HLEVEL%%Count%%=^$GetSelection$

        Yes it can, in the innervariable names, be sure to use the caret (^)
        appropriately to evaluate the names.
        What you are wanting to do is probably for using in a loop, and sometimes you
        just need to play with it until you get all your stuff right:

        ^!SetArray %Array^%HLEVEL%^%Count%%=^$GetSelection$

        (I use the ^!SetDebug On command a lot for this kind of thang)
        Good Luck,
        Stephen