RE: [Clip] NoteTab to Desktop

  • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
      Harvey(s),

      > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
      > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
      >
      > Thanks
      > Harvey

      Here is a way to do that...

      H="ShortCut to Desktop"
      ^!Explorer.exe /Select, "^$GetDocName$"
      ^!FocusApp ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;1)$
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard
      #^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"";"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$#
      ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F10
      ^!Keyboard T RIGHT DOWN ENTER
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard ENTER

      Since I couldn't find the shortcut keys for the Create Shortcut on
      Desktop-part in the SendTo-folder I've made the keyboard alternative.
      The delays are put in to not have the name of the active document typed into
      the doc itself (happened occasionaly while testing). The last delay/ENTER
      combination is used to get rid of the confirmation-message. If you want you
      can put ActivateApp at the end of the clip to go back to NoteTab...

      HtH,

      Hugo
    • Harvey Segal
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
        Hugo,

        That works just fine.
        A real timesaver,

        Thank you
        Harvey

        On 15 Apr 2002 at 11:28, h.paulissen@... wrote:

        > > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
        > > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Harvey
        > >

        > Here is a way to do that...
        >
        > H="ShortCut to Desktop"
        > ^!Explorer.exe /Select, "^$GetDocName$"
        > ^!FocusApp ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;1)$
        > ^!Delay 5
        > ^!Keyboard
        > #^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"";"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$#
        > ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F10
        > ^!Keyboard T RIGHT DOWN ENTER
        > ^!Delay 5
        > ^!Keyboard ENTER
        >
        > Since I couldn't find the shortcut keys for the Create Shortcut on
        > Desktop-part in the SendTo-folder I've made the keyboard alternative.
        > The delays are put in to not have the name of the active document
        > typed into the doc itself (happened occasionaly while testing). The
        > last delay/ENTER combination is used to get rid of the
        > confirmation-message. If you want you can put ActivateApp at the end
        > of the clip to go back to NoteTab...
        >
        > HtH,
        >
        > Hugo
      • waynemv
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
          Harvey Segal wrote:

          > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
          > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)

          Since version 4.8, the answer is:

          H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
          ^!Save
          ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"
        • Harvey Segal
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
            I don't think we can improve on that !
            Many thanks
            Harvey

            On 15 Apr 2002 at 18:21, waynemv wrote:

            > > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
            > > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
            >
            > Since version 4.8, the answer is:
            >
            > H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
            > ^!Save
            > ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"
          • hpaulissen
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
              > Since version 4.8, the answer is:
              >
              > H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
              > ^!Save
              > ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"

              OK, I keep learning new things about NoteTab, thanks...

              Hugo