Re: [Clip] NoteTab to Desktop

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
      On 4/15/02 2:23 AM, Harvey Segal wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Is there a clip which will allow you to send the file you are currently
      > accessing in NoteTab to the Desktop ?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Harvey Segal

      Harvey,

      I'm sure there are lots of clips to do this. If it wasn't almost 3am I
      would go into more detail.

      In the meantime answer a couple of questions. Do you want to move the
      file to another location or just create a copy in another folder?

      With that info lots of the list members could help out, if not, I'll do
      more later today.

      hrs
    • Harvey Segal
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
        On 15 Apr 2002 at 2:52, hsavage wrote:
        > In the meantime answer a couple of questions. Do you want to move the
        > file to another location or just create a copy in another folder?

        Hello hrs,

        I should have explained more clearly.

        I want to simulate the option in Explorer
        - send to Desktop (create shortcut)

        Thanks
        Harvey
      • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
          Harvey(s),

          > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
          > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
          >
          > Thanks
          > Harvey

          Here is a way to do that...

          H="ShortCut to Desktop"
          ^!Explorer.exe /Select, "^$GetDocName$"
          ^!FocusApp ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;1)$
          ^!Delay 5
          ^!Keyboard
          #^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"";"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$#
          ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F10
          ^!Keyboard T RIGHT DOWN ENTER
          ^!Delay 5
          ^!Keyboard ENTER

          Since I couldn't find the shortcut keys for the Create Shortcut on
          Desktop-part in the SendTo-folder I've made the keyboard alternative.
          The delays are put in to not have the name of the active document typed into
          the doc itself (happened occasionaly while testing). The last delay/ENTER
          combination is used to get rid of the confirmation-message. If you want you
          can put ActivateApp at the end of the clip to go back to NoteTab...

          HtH,

          Hugo
        • Harvey Segal
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
            Hugo,

            That works just fine.
            A real timesaver,

            Thank you
            Harvey

            On 15 Apr 2002 at 11:28, h.paulissen@... wrote:

            > > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
            > > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Harvey
            > >

            > Here is a way to do that...
            >
            > H="ShortCut to Desktop"
            > ^!Explorer.exe /Select, "^$GetDocName$"
            > ^!FocusApp ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;1)$
            > ^!Delay 5
            > ^!Keyboard
            > #^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"";"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$#
            > ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F10
            > ^!Keyboard T RIGHT DOWN ENTER
            > ^!Delay 5
            > ^!Keyboard ENTER
            >
            > Since I couldn't find the shortcut keys for the Create Shortcut on
            > Desktop-part in the SendTo-folder I've made the keyboard alternative.
            > The delays are put in to not have the name of the active document
            > typed into the doc itself (happened occasionaly while testing). The
            > last delay/ENTER combination is used to get rid of the
            > confirmation-message. If you want you can put ActivateApp at the end
            > of the clip to go back to NoteTab...
            >
            > HtH,
            >
            > Hugo
          • waynemv
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
              Harvey Segal wrote:

              > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
              > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)

              Since version 4.8, the answer is:

              H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
              ^!Save
              ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"
            • Harvey Segal
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
                I don't think we can improve on that !
                Many thanks
                Harvey

                On 15 Apr 2002 at 18:21, waynemv wrote:

                > > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
                > > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
                >
                > Since version 4.8, the answer is:
                >
                > H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
                > ^!Save
                > ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"
              • hpaulissen
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
                  > Since version 4.8, the answer is:
                  >
                  > H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
                  > ^!Save
                  > ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"

                  OK, I keep learning new things about NoteTab, thanks...

                  Hugo