RE: [Clip] NoteTab to Desktop

  • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
      Hello Harvey,

      This could be what you need.

      H="Save to desktop"
      ^!Set
      %DesktopFile%=^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\"
      ;"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$
      ^!Save As "^%DesktopFile%"

      If your path to the desktop is different, just change "C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\"
      to your own path. NoteTab continues to work with the desktop-file after you
      have run the clip (I have "Display the full path in title bar" checked, in
      W98's Windows Folder Options | View).

      Hugo

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
        On 4/15/02 2:23 AM, Harvey Segal wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Is there a clip which will allow you to send the file you are currently
        > accessing in NoteTab to the Desktop ?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Harvey Segal

        Harvey,

        I'm sure there are lots of clips to do this. If it wasn't almost 3am I
        would go into more detail.

        In the meantime answer a couple of questions. Do you want to move the
        file to another location or just create a copy in another folder?

        With that info lots of the list members could help out, if not, I'll do
        more later today.

        hrs
      • Harvey Segal
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
          On 15 Apr 2002 at 2:52, hsavage wrote:
          > In the meantime answer a couple of questions. Do you want to move the
          > file to another location or just create a copy in another folder?

          Hello hrs,

          I should have explained more clearly.

          I want to simulate the option in Explorer
          - send to Desktop (create shortcut)

          Thanks
          Harvey
        • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
            Harvey(s),

            > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
            > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
            >
            > Thanks
            > Harvey

            Here is a way to do that...

            H="ShortCut to Desktop"
            ^!Explorer.exe /Select, "^$GetDocName$"
            ^!FocusApp ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;1)$
            ^!Delay 5
            ^!Keyboard
            #^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"";"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$#
            ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F10
            ^!Keyboard T RIGHT DOWN ENTER
            ^!Delay 5
            ^!Keyboard ENTER

            Since I couldn't find the shortcut keys for the Create Shortcut on
            Desktop-part in the SendTo-folder I've made the keyboard alternative.
            The delays are put in to not have the name of the active document typed into
            the doc itself (happened occasionaly while testing). The last delay/ENTER
            combination is used to get rid of the confirmation-message. If you want you
            can put ActivateApp at the end of the clip to go back to NoteTab...

            HtH,

            Hugo
          • Harvey Segal
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
              Hugo,

              That works just fine.
              A real timesaver,

              Thank you
              Harvey

              On 15 Apr 2002 at 11:28, h.paulissen@... wrote:

              > > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
              > > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > > Harvey
              > >

              > Here is a way to do that...
              >
              > H="ShortCut to Desktop"
              > ^!Explorer.exe /Select, "^$GetDocName$"
              > ^!FocusApp ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;1)$
              > ^!Delay 5
              > ^!Keyboard
              > #^$StrReplace("^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$";"";"^$GetDocName$";0;0)$#
              > ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F10
              > ^!Keyboard T RIGHT DOWN ENTER
              > ^!Delay 5
              > ^!Keyboard ENTER
              >
              > Since I couldn't find the shortcut keys for the Create Shortcut on
              > Desktop-part in the SendTo-folder I've made the keyboard alternative.
              > The delays are put in to not have the name of the active document
              > typed into the doc itself (happened occasionaly while testing). The
              > last delay/ENTER combination is used to get rid of the
              > confirmation-message. If you want you can put ActivateApp at the end
              > of the clip to go back to NoteTab...
              >
              > HtH,
              >
              > Hugo
            • waynemv
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
                Harvey Segal wrote:

                > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
                > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)

                Since version 4.8, the answer is:

                H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
                ^!Save
                ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"
              • Harvey Segal
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
                  I don't think we can improve on that !
                  Many thanks
                  Harvey

                  On 15 Apr 2002 at 18:21, waynemv wrote:

                  > > I want to simulate the option in Explorer
                  > > - send to Desktop (create shortcut)
                  >
                  > Since version 4.8, the answer is:
                  >
                  > H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
                  > ^!Save
                  > ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"
                • hpaulissen
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
                    > Since version 4.8, the answer is:
                    >
                    > H="Make Shortcut on Desktop to current document"
                    > ^!Save
                    > ^!MakeShortcut "Desktop" "^**"

                    OK, I keep learning new things about NoteTab, thanks...

                    Hugo