Re: [Clip] Calculating disk contents

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2002
      Hi Mark,

      >Can anyone advise how to capture the size of the contents of my
      >stiffy disks?
      >
      >^$GetFileSize(Filename)$ is the closest I can find so far.
      >
      >In general, I simply want to know how full my disk drives are!

      The simplest way to do that has been mentioned already; right
      click over the drive...

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Drive Information
      ; Last updated on 04-14-2002, 09:42pm, jody
      ; http:/www.notetab.net, http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-orders.htm

      ^!Explorer /e, ^?[Enter drive letter=f:\]
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!IfDiff "^$GetAppTitle$" "^?[Enter drive letter]" Skip_-1
      ^!Keyboard Shift+F10 R

      <--- Copy above this line --->
      <--- Right click over a Library --->
      <--- and "Add from Clipboard" --->

      If you would like a nicely formatted list of all the files on a
      drive (folder and/or subfolders) with the file size of each file
      out to the right and also the total number of files and the total
      size, you could get my DirStuff and use one of a few Clips that
      will do that. However, that is very slow It takes Windows a bit
      of time do its parsing, but it will finish. I did my F:\ drive
      for kicks and it returned the full path and file size to 15,773
      files, a total of 1823.25MB. It took about 25 minutes according
      to the output time displays (which I get during different points
      in the process. I mainly made it (with the help of Claes
      Gauffin) so I could get a list of the Fookes Software CDs that I
      make and sale. For something like that it is idea. There is a
      Clip that will just return the number of files and total size as
      well which is much faster and can be reasonably used w/o too long
      of a wait. It took right at about one minute for the same drive
      mentioned above. It is the first Clip listed below.

      Check out the following Clips:

      H="Total FileSize 4.83... Gets the total file size of a folder (per options)."
      H="File Count..."
      H="FileCount/List/Size 4.83..."
      ; Last updated on 12-21-2000, Jody Adair and Claes Gauffin
      H="File List 4.83..."

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

      I believe there are some other DOS related Clips in there also.

      http://www.notetab.net